𝐚𝐬 𝐰𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐭

"You do realise how stupid that was." Dylan said to Maddie as he very gently and very carefully strapped a flak vest to her.

"It was Madison, incredibly stupid!" Meredith snapped, Cristina nodding in agreement.

"What did I tell you about her being calm?" Dylan glared at Meredith who sighed.

"I'm sorry." Maddie apologised to Meredith. "I shouldn't have done it I know, but I really do not need to be told how stupid I am, especially when I have a hot stranger velcro-ing a flak vest to me."

Dylan smirked. "You have a sense of irony."

"Only when thing are really ironic." Maddie mumbled.

Burke soon managed to convince Cristina to leave and Meredith took over the ambu bag.

"Do you think Hannah's okay?" Maddie asked quietly, to nobody in particular. Dylan shook his head in disbelief, but he did admire her selflessness.

"No Maddie, I do not think anything about Hannah right now because my sister has her hand on a bomb!" Meredith cried.

"Grey." Burke warned.

"You need to calm down." Dylan said, his tone hard again seeing how Meredith's reaction was impacting her sister, who started to seem a little more panicked than before.

"I'm gonna die." Maddie mumbled staring down at her hand, inside the body.

Dylan sighed shooting an accusing glance at Meredith. "I'll do everything I can to make sure that won't happen." He softly spoke to Maddie, moving closer to her.

"I know this vest is just for show right? If that bomb goes off, this vest will do nothing."

Dylan sighed knowing she was mainly correct, Meredith tried to blink away her tears and Burke remained silent.

"Just breathe Maddie." Meredith whispered, she didn't want her sister to have a panic attack.

A tear slipped down Maddie's cheek.

"Hey." Dylan said, gently putting a hand on Maddie's arm, that was not inside the body.

"Talk to me. Tell me about yourself."

"What?" Maddie looked at him like he had three heads. "I have my hand on a bomb and you want to get to know me?"

"Why not?" He smiled. "What do you like?"

Maddie just stared at him. "Tequila." She said. Meredith rolled her eyes with a sigh. "And tigers... not together."

"Tigers huh?"

"Yeah." Maddie smiled thinking of her favourite animal.

"She loves them, still sleeps with her tiger teddy I got for her." Meredith chuckled fondly, forgetting their situation for a second, Maddie rolled her eyes.

"Have you ever seen a real live tiger?"

"No." Maddie sighed. "My Mom wasn't that kind of a Mom."

Dylan smiled sadly. "When we get out of here, how about I take you to go see some tigers?"

"Really?" Maddie's face lit up.

"Really." He smiled. "There's a zoo only about an hours drive away from here."

"I don't mean to be rude or anything but you have a plan right?" Meredith asked. "You have a plan to get my sister out of this?"

Dylan just stared at her, silently trying to tell her to shut up.