raindrops keep falling on my head

TRIGGER WARNING
MENTION OF SEXUAL ASSAULT/RAPE ONLY UNTIL THE FIRST SET OF SYMBOLS

"I know that look. It'll be one of two things. Either your boss is giving you hell or your boyfriend is. Which is it?" Joe asked, looking at Meredith.

"Both." She grumbled.

"Her boyfriend is her boss." Maddie chuckled in her drunken state.

"Which was a problem. But not as much a problem as my boyfriend having a wife!"

"Tell you what, this one, it's on the house." Joe said handing the girls a shot each.

"ALL HAIL THE CHAMP!" Joe yelled as Cristina and George walked into the bar.

"The champ!" Maddie cheered, holding her drink up despite not having a clue what was going on.

"So, I heard my guy Alex finally got what was coming to him." Joe said.

"George knocked him down in one punch, you should've seen it." Cristina said, sitting next to Maddie.

"Can I have a beer please?" George asked, sitting next to Meredith.

"Let play a game of who's life sucks the most, I'll win. I always win." Meredith pouted.

"Oh you know I'll win!" Maddie laughed causing Meredith to roll her eyes.

"No, you don't want to play with me." Cristina sighed.

"Yeah, you don't." Maddie giggled, knowingly.

"Oh I do... I'll even go first. Derek's married." Meredith looked broken but also smug thinking she'd won the little game.

George spat out his beer sending Maddie into into uncontrollable laughter.

"Georgie, beer is dripping from your nose." Maddie laughed while Meredith and Cristina watched him in disgust.

"Told you I'd win."

"Oh you didn't win." Cristina replied to the older Grey.

"Did you hear me? I said Derek is married. As in pigheaded, adulterous, liar married. Nothing you could say could top that."

"I'm pregnant, I win." Cristina said quietly, so George couldn't hear. Meredith's eyes widened.

Maddie didn't enjoy the awkward silence.

"I was pregnant." Maddie smiled. "Because i was raped."

George didn't spit out his beer this time, but he did choke slightly, shocked at his friends words.

"Then my Mom gave me pills from the hospital to get rid of it. Queen Ellis Grey couldn't have had a teenage daughter who was pregnant." She laughed bitterly.

Meredith shook her head, knowing her sister would hate herself in the morning after her drunk over sharing. Cristina and George stared at their friend, concerned.

"Maddie are you-"

"JOE WINS!" Maddie yelled, throwing her arms the air. Her fellow interns followed her glance and saw Joe had fallen to the floor, holding his head. The interns rushed over to him.