𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐧

✯

Many people don't know that the human eye has a blind spot in its field of vision. There's a part of the world that we are literally blind to.

"Today is the day people. Today is the day when dark and twisty Meredith disappears forever. And bright and shiny Meredith takes her place. You're probably not going to want to be friends with me anymore cause the sheer intensity of my happiness will make your teeth hurt. That's okay, cause life is good. Life is good. What's going on?" Meredith said, as she walked into the locker room, seeing the interns gathered round George who was holding a patients chart.

Maddie rolled her eyes at her sister who failed to read the room.

"George's dad was admitted last night." Izzie said. Her and Maddie were both sat on either side of him.

"Oh my god, is he okay?" Meredith asked.

"He's fine." George said.

Izzie explained that Mr O'Malley passed out and fractured his clavicle.

"Are those his AM labs?" Cristina asked.

"Complaining of severe abdominal pain." Alex said.

Their discussion was cut short when Bailey entered the room. "Has anybody seen-"

"I was just looking at it." George replied, handing Bailey the chart.

"Don't you think me reading it is more important than you reading it? You're on scut today. You'll be distracted."

"No I-"

"Family members do not treat family members. Scut!" Bailey instructed.

"I'm scrubbing in on a surgery with Doctor Burke this morning." Cristina said, before Bailey could send her somewhere else.

"Of course you are. Karev, Sloan. Grey, pit. Little Grey, Shepherd. Stephens shadow Karev. And let me remind you again of the rules of your probation."

"I think she knows the rules Doctor Bailey." Alex said.

Maddie tried not to show any emotion as Alex defended Izzie. Over the past few days they began taking more, Alex becoming less hostile towards her.

It seemed as though, Maddie was now the only one holding a grudge.

"No touching patients, no talking to patients, no rolling your eyes at patients... or your superiors."