𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲

"Maddie, please

"Maddie, please."

"No!" Maddie huffed, resembling a child.

Meredith was currently in Alex's apartment trying to convince Maddie to help her. Izzie had apparently sequestered herself in the bathroom in her grief and refused to leave.

"Maddie, she's our friend." Meredith pleaded.

Alex was sat on his couch eating a bag of chips, watching the sisters argue like he was watching a tennis match.

"She's your friend!" Maddie snapped. "She slapped me for thinking I was sleeping with Alex! I got shot because of her stupid choices! I'm not gonna forgive her that quick, I'm not a doormat!"

"She loved Denny... remember how upset you were after Dylan-"

"Meredith!" Alex warned, narrowing his eyes at her.

"I didn't kill him!" Maddie yelled, throwing her arms in the air as she walked into Alex's spare room, where she was staying.

Sure, she felt bad for Izzie. Of course she did. She didn't know Denny long but she knew Izzie's feelings were strong despite hardly knowing him.

However, Madison Grey was tired of being a pushover.

Leaning against the bedroom door, she took a deep breath. Trying to ignore the guilty feeling she had over not helping Izzie. The voice inside her head telling her to be kind to everyone no matter what.

"Damn it." She whispered to herself.

"I'm proud of her." Alex grinned.

"Yeah me too but I really think she could help Izzie. She has a way with words." Meredith sighed.

"Why should she?" Alex scoffed. "She's right, she's nice to everyone all the time and Iz hardly reciprocates that."

"What about you?"

"What about me?"

"Can't you come talk to Izzie, you and her had a thing and I think you're her person."

"Maddie's my person." Alex said.

"She's Derek's person and Derek is her person." Meredith replied.

Alex looked confused. "I thought you're Derek's person?"

"No.. I'm Cristina's person."

"I have no idea what we're even talking about anymore." Alex huffed before knocking on Maddie's door. "Come on Mads, we'll be late."

"Maddie's not working, she's got time off... she's just been shot!" Meredith exclaimed.

"She wants to work." Alex shrugged. "I've told her not to but she won't listen, don't worry I won't let her out my sight."