𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐦𝐚 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐫𝐮𝐧 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐲 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐫

Maddie was awoken the same way she had been for a few days now.

"Hey boy, did you have a good sleep? Did you have a good sleep?" She cooed to the interns' new dog, Doc, as she scratched his back and tummy.

Meredith and Izzie had recently come home with a dog, Maddie was ecstatic. Even though it was supposed to be a cheer up for Izzie; Her and Alex had something going on when she caught him sleeping with nurse Olivia, Maddie wasn't sure how to feel about it all. She was closer with Alex than Izzie and even though what he did was very wrong, the two weren't actually together.

Alex had also told all of the interns about him failing his medical boards and they were all (bar Izzie) helping him study for his retake.

The interns also found out that their resident was pregnant, very pregnant.

"Hey Georgie!" Maddie greeted in the hallway.

"Hey Mads." George yawned, still looking half asleep as they walked down stairs together.

Maddie gasped when they reached the living room. There was a huge Christmas tree in the middle.

"I love it!" She squealed, running up to Izzie and launching herself on the blonde.

"Woah!"

"Looks like Santa threw up in here." George mumbled to Meredith who'd just walked in.

"Just... go with it, we're being supportive." She replied. "And it's Maddie's birthday."

"Today?" George asked, alarmed.

"No, on Christmas Day."

"Duh, I wasn't given the middle name Noelle for no reason Georgie!" Maddie laughed.

Meredith watched Maddie and Izzie decorate the tree, feeling sad for her baby sister. She'd always loved Christmas, but growing up their Mother was always working so they never really celebrated it or had a tree up.

"Oooh maybe when we're all free we could watch elf? With hot chocolate and marshmallows." Maddie smiled, Izzie nodded in agreement.

George and Meredith were about to protest but the sparkle in Maddie's eyes stopped them. George couldn't help but think she looked like an innocent child excited for Christmas.

The interns were now in a patients room with Derek Shepherd and Bailey. The room was chaotic with the patients' 3 young boisterous children playing around.

"Tim Epstein, 38. Fell off the roof of his house." Meredith presented.

"I was stringing Hanumas lights and ah... a shingle came loose. We ah... go all out." He said.

"Awesome!" Maddie's eyes lit up.

"He fell 12 feet." Tim's wife said.

"The good news is, I broke the fall with my head." Tim laughed before groaning in pain.

One of his daughters flung a toy lizard across the room, smacking Derek directly in the face.

Maddie had to hide her laugh behind her hand as Derek jokingly glared at her.

"Does your head hurt when you laugh?" He asked.

"Is that a bad thing?"

"Who would like to take Mr Epstein down for a CT?" Derek asked.

"Grey and Steven's." He said when the two girls eagerly raised their hands.

"Uh... is that a two person job?" Bailey asked, eyeing the neurosurgeon who quickly left the room.