𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞

✯

As interns we know what we want... to become surgeons. And will do anything to get there. Suffer through killer exams, endure 100 hour weeks, stand for hours on end in operating rooms. You name it we'll do it.

Maddie giggled as Addison rolled off the top of her and onto her side of the bed where they both lay naked under the sheets.

"It gets better every time." Addison breathed out, intertwining Maddie's fingers with her own.

"It's so weird... this is so foreign to me but this... you... it just feels right." Maddie smiled.

Addison's eyes lingered on her, wondering how someone as beautiful and as young as Maddie wanted some washed up woman like herself. "I get that, I really do."

"And you know the best part?"

"What's that?"

"No pregnancy scares!" Maddie cheekily grinned as Addison rolled her eyes, playfully slapping her shoulder.

"You're an ass." She laughed getting up.

"Don't leave." Maddie whined.

"I'm making you coffee so you can get up and go join your friends with studying... or did you forget you have a huge exam coming up?" Addison asked, referring to the interns first year medical exams that were quickly approaching.

"Pffft, I don't need to study." Maddie jokingly scoffed.

Addison rolled her eyes again, a smile on her face. "You might be somewhat of a genius my love, but even Madison Grey needs to study."

"At least you're giving me exam stress relief."

They laughed and had coffee together before Maddie left to go to Cristina and Burke's apartment, where the interns were meeting.

Maddie was sat next to Alex, her legs sprawled across his lap as he fired questions at Meredith who was in the hot seat.

"What are the signs of a central line infection?"

"Puss, redness and fever."

"What's Kahn's syndrome?"

"Wait, wait, I know this."

Maddie rolled her eyes. "Tick tock Mer."