Volume 1 - Prologue - Japan's Youngest Attempted Murder

Third Person POV - Jury Member

The courtroom erupted in massive uproar as the final verdict was being read.

"Guilty on all counts."

I sat quietly and listened attentively to my surroundings. There were threats, there were cheers but one stood out among all else.

There was a man that crying profusely, begging with a bowed head and trembling voice.

"Please your honor, please allow me to serve my son's sentence. It's my fault he's in this position!"

The father was a half black- half Japanese man of average height yet extremely handsome.

Likewise, his son, an almost spitting image.

What a desperate situation for a father. For your thirteen-year-old child to be convicted of attempted murder, not many people can handle that. Even a man like him couldn't, an ex-yakuza who's probably seen many die in his lifetime.

The judge: "Order in the court!"

Silence befell the courtroom while the sobbing father tried to regain his composure. He stared at the judge awaiting a response.

Father: "Sorry but that won't be possible sir, the court's decision is final."

Those were probably the last words that man wanted to hear. His wailing continued as he cried out for his son. Extending his arm to a son that wouldn't be able to accept it.

Detained with two handcuffs made for an adult, a young teenager was escorted by two armed police officers outside of the courtroom.

Monitoring his father, the emotions they shared became contagious. The child began to cry even more than his father was. He tried to reach out to his father's hand but was denied by the escorts.

Akira: "Dad I'm sorry."

The father: "No, Akira I love you okay, I will wait for you, I'll never abandon you. I'll always be there for you. I promise."

The child nodded his head and continued his leave and the father followed. The remaining persons present continued afterward and then the rest of the jury members and me.

His destination was the Juvenile Detention Center.

What a sad case.

I voted for the kid's innocence because I believe that Everybody deserves a second chance.

So I hope one day Akira Kawakami, you will find peace.