Volume 1 - Chapter 9 - The Invitation

Akira's POV

I entered my dorm room for the first time. Examining it, I thought about how it was similar in size to my room at Kaede's house. Not too big yet not too small. My body however was only calling for the bed parked in the corner. I had just returned from the intense 1v1 basketball match with Sudo so I remained in sweat-drenched clothes. I took them off and began to unpack.

After about an hour, my room was completely set up with the bare minimum. I tossed the dirty clothes into a hamper and stepped into my shower. I stood under the showerhead allowing the water to run down my body. Staring into space, I thought about Ayanokoji, debating whether or not I should just visit him. However, I quickly shut that idea down. I wanted to enjoy school as much as I could, therefore I decided that there was no rush to expel Ayanokoji. I'd stalk him and strike when the time is right.

I clenched my fist and stared at the showerhead, deciding that it was now time to leave. After drying off, I prepared for an early night. Covering myself with the blankets the school had provided, I tried to get comfortable in my bed until I felt something hairy brush my leg.

Me: "What the hell was that!"

I said while jumping swiftly off my bed shivering. I pulled back the sheet.

Me: "Haha oh it's you."

I picked up the wrangled teddy bear that belonged to my sisters.

Me: "You're here to keep my company huh? Thank you."

I snuggled the teddy bear and relaxed my body. Hoping to doze off in a blissful dream.

Me: "Good night Aimee, Kaori."

Two weeks later

My plan of stalking Ayanokoji has been a futile endeavor these past two weeks. I had first made contact with him after I had seen him sitting in Class 1D, ever since I had decided to tail him in my free time. However, He hasn't done anything worthwhile, he just goes to class and then goes home after every school day. Honestly, his life was so uneventful that I considered confronting him on numerous occasions just to spice it up.

However I didn't, maybe it was a good thing. I'd be able to cherish this life for a little longer. The bell rang and the class was dismissed for the day. The class broke off into its various cliques and they gradually started to leave the classroom. I stood and pushed my seat in, proceeding to the door alone until I felt a hand on my shoulder.

Sakayanagi: "Hi, Kawakami-kun. Are you busy this evening?

I turned around to see the lilac-haired beauty in front of me. I could have felt my cheeks heating up so I closed my eyes and nervously scratched my cheek.

Me: "Ah well no, but I was going to put some shots up."

That was a lie. I was going to spy on Ayanokoji.

Me: "Well if you'll excuse me."

I swiftly turned back and speedily tried to walk outside.

Sakayanagi: "Wait!"

I turned around to face her yet again.