Volume 1 - Chapter 6 - A Girl and A Boy

A Girl's POV

I had been on this bus for about half an hour. Being one of the first people that was picked up, I had seen the bus gradually fill up with more and more people. I didn't pay attention to that, however.

I simply drew.

My sketch pad laid flat on my lap and my hands moved freely against it. My mind and my heart were at peace. That peace was interrupted, however.

A boy stood before me, dressed in the same uniform as me. He was on the taller side of average and he looked pretty fit although wearing a uniform. He was really pretty once you examined his face, sporting a long curly taper cut and glasses.

I couldn't stop staring at him.

Boy: "Sorry but is this seat taken?"

He asked me with his hand rubbing behind his head, nervously giggling.

Me: "No it's not."

I turned back to my sketch pad frantically and continued drawing.

He continued, however.

Boy: "Well, do you mind if I sit here?"

I looked back at him for a split second.

Me: "It's fine."

He swiftly grabbed the seat next to me, breathing heavily as if he had sprinted to get here. I looked over at him in bewilderment.

Boy: "Sorry, I had to sprint to get here, I didn't know the bus stop was that far."

He repeatedly panted loudly until he was finally able to catch his breath. I returned to drawing in peace until once again it was interrupted.

Boy: "I'm Sorry! Everyone!"

This guy was a total wreck. It seemed that I wasn't the only one to assume that though. I could hear the murmuring of everyone on the bus.

Random Boy 1: "Geez, what's wrong with that guy?"

Random Boy 2: "You think he's off the meds right now?"

Random Girl 1: " Eww imagine him in your class."

Random Girl 2: "I wouldn't mind, he's pretty cute."

The boy beside me was garnering all of the attention and he seemed to have finally noticed. He turned towards me, pointing toward his face. I could have seen the sweat pouring from his eyebrows.

Boy: "It's the glasses isn't it?"

Me: "Hu-Huh?"

He took them off and gave them to me to inspect.

Boy: "It's the glasses right? That's why everyone's talking about me? I knew these looked weird."

I held them and felt the lenses. They were not prescription but had felt surprisingly real. I gave them back to him and continued to draw.