Volume 1 - Chapter 10 - The Four Limbs of Sakayanagi

Akira's POV

I took the invite I had received from Sakayanagi out of my backpack and held it in my hands. Hashimoto and I stood behind another group of students seemingly reserving a room. This was a Friday night, therefore the Karaoke parlor was usually packed with students.

Hashimoto stood in front of me and was the one to greet the receptionist. I handed him my invitation and allowed him to conduct the confirmations on my behalf.

Hashimoto: "Hi, we have two invites for Karaoke, booked under Arisu Sakayanagi."

The receptionist redirected her attention from Hashimoto back to her computer screen, focused on locating the reservation.

Receptionist: "Ah Yes it's right here. Arisu Sakayanagi. Reservation for five?"

Hashimoto smiled at her.

Hashimoto: "Yeah that's us."

Receptionist: "Well your session's already paid for so it's down the hall to the left. Room 12."

Hashimoto: "Thanks, you have a good night okay."

He continued to smile as he winked at her and walked away. I walked away with him, closely following him from behind.

Me: "Wow flirting with the staff?"

He looked at me and then giggled.

Hashimoto: "It's not flirting, I was just being nice. Anyway, she said five so it's Sakayanagi, Kamuro, and maybe Kitō. Sounds like the usual crowd."

We approached the door, however, there was a privacy glass installed. Therefore we couldn't see inside. Hashimoto placed his hand on the doorknob but before he had opened it, he asked.

Hashimoto: "Are you ready?"

I rolled my eyes however he had not seen me do it.

Me: "Yes, geez just open the door."

He looked back.

Hashimoto: "This isn't the same as reading your little friend-making book, this time it's real, ok?"

Me: "Sh-Shut up and open the door!"

Hashimoto: "Fine, here goes nothing."

He turned the knob on the door however it was locked. I took a deep breath out as both awkwardly made eye contact.

Hashimoto: "Haha, well. Guess we have to knock. Haha."

He knocked gently on the door and waited with his face down in shame. We heard someone using the knob and stood back. The person had opened the door but stood in the entryway. A subtle voice came from inside.

Sakayanagi: "Kitō-kun, you can let them inside, I invited them."

The large man stepped aside and allowed us to enter the room. There sat two girls directly across from us. Sakayanagi and Kamuro.

Sakayanagi: "Hello Kawakami-kun, Hashimoto-kun, glad you guys could make it. Please have a seat."

She gestured towards the seats on the side of hers and Kamuro's, Hashimoto opted to take the one next to her and I took the one next to Kamuro's. Our eyes met but she swiftly looked away afterward. Kitō remained standing by the door.