Volume 2 - Prologue - Journal Entry of Akira Kawakami - Entry 1

May 2015 - A letter to Mom

I've finally decided to restart journaling. It's been a while indeed. That day I went to the convenience store with Yoshi, I saw this journal on sale for about 200 private points.

So I said, "What the heck, why not?"

He laughed at me, saying what Teenage boy still journals but I beg to differ.

"Journaling is cool!"

You used to say that to me, mom. Ever since I was five, you told me that journaling is a way to express myself, write what I think without being judged, and look back at fond memories.

I've quit delinquency and I've returned to the White Room, your special place for a time. Memories that I'm not too fond of. But well.

Well, I want to create some at this school. Before I leave I want to be like Kushida-San and make as many friends as possible.

She's one of my friends by the way.

I've made a good amount so far.

Yoshi, Arisu, Kamuro, Hayato, Kushida, Sudo, Katsuragi,

They are all people I consider my friends and I plan to make more. Life has been good so far.

The midterm exams are tomorrow. I've been studying somewhat haha. But I think I'll be fine, there hasn't been any question at this school that I've been unable to do. I've been helping my friends study too so we'll all be fine I think.

Once these exams are over, I'll take care of that problem, Ayanokoji. I can't let him stay here any longer or he'll hurt a lot more people. Once I do that, I guess I can figure things out from there.

So guide me, mom. Watch over me and Aimee.

When I visit your grave again, I'll place this journal on it so you can read about it in heaven.

Love you and miss you.
Akira