Volume 1 - Chapter 3 - Re.Mission

Uncle's POV - Akira's Age 15
One-year time-skip

Me: "Good Morning, Ayanokoji-sensei."

Ayanokoji: "Oh you're finally here. Please have a seat."

It was 8 a.m. on a Monday. I was called into a meeting today in Professor Ayanokoji's office to discuss the recent situation here in the white room. However, I was distracted by the smell of freshly roasted coffee filling my nostrils.

Me: "Is that French Vanilla I smell?"

I asked Professor Ayanokoji who was sitting across from me with his arms crossed and eyes closed, he looked as though he was deep in thought.

Ayanokoji: "Yes that's right. Pour a cup for me as well. We have much to discuss."

I poured two cups of coffee.

Ayanokoji: "I'll take mine black."

I passed his cup to him and proceeded to add cream and sugar to mine. I took the seat facing Professor Ayanokoji and glared into his eyes. They held heavy bags under them however this was nothing new.

Me: "Didn't get much sleep again huh?"

Ayanokoji: "No. This situation my son has gotten into has been plaguing my mind recently."

Me: "Kiyotaka? What's happened to him? Haven't heard about him since Generation 4 got disbanded."

Professor Ayanokoji lowered his head while keeping a monotone voice.

Ayanokoji: "He used that year we shut down to enroll himself into school. A school where I can't reach him."

I couldn't believe what I just heard.

Me: "Wh-What!?, Kiyotaka is in school now!?"

He nodded his head, confirming my question.

I took a sip of my coffee, examining his face, only to see anguish and defeat written all over.

Me: "So, what are going to do about it. We can't let him waste time in school. We haven't even been able to  replicate his progress yet."

Professor Ayanokoji slammed his fists against the table.

Ayanokoji: "Dammit! He's going to pay for this defiance."

He realized he had spilled a small amount of his coffee on the table. He got out of his seat and calmly walked toward the disposable napkins near the coffee maker. He took two of them and proceeded to wipe the table.

Ayanokoji: "You're right. We'll have to send some of the capable students there to get him expelled somehow."

He paused to take a sip of coffee and then continued.

Ayanokoji: "I've managed to get in contact with the director of the school, Sakayanagi, but he won't be able to see me until December. That's when I'll go myself to take Kiyotaka out of school."

He stood up out of his chair and walked towards the window. Peering outside to admire the people and cars below. He loved to look down on people and treat them like ants. He turned his face towards me and asked.

Ayanokoji: "How's that boy's progress going?"

Me: " Oh Akira? He doing well. It's top scores across the board as usual. A product of my mentorship might I add."

Ayanokoji: "Hmph, don't get full of yourself. He can't hold a candle next to Kiyotaka."

I took a sip of coffee and directed a sharp gaze back at him.

Me: "Well he is Akari's son. It's only a matter of time until he's at Kiyotaka's level, or did you forget about the prodigies of Generation 3,The Kawakamis."

Ayanokoji: "Generation 3 huh? Yes, I remember it well. The blueprint for the perfect Generation 4. That girl's ideals were too soft, she just had one step to take but she didn't. She couldn't. She cared too much."

He clenched his fist, staring at it.

Ayanokoji: "The prodigies of Generation 3 huh? So much potential wasted. They could have been Kiyotaka's rivals if they were raised right."

He walked over to his seat and graciously planted himself in it. After Folding his arms and closing his eyes, he says.

Ayanokoji: "Send him, let's see if what you said about him is true."

I felt a slight churning in my stomach. I hid behind a courteous smile, however.

Me: "Sure, I'll convince him today."

Sipping the last of the coffee, I placed the empty mug on the table. I stood out of my chair, readying myself to exit.

Me: "Will that be all Professor Ayanokoji?"

He opened his eyes to stare me down.

Ayanokoji: "Does he still want to see me?"

I looked back at him, wide-eyed.

Me: "I'm surprised you still remembered after three years. But yes, Akira's eager to meet you. I think it'll be good for the both of you."

Ayanokoji: "Bring him here, he'll get his wish today."

Me: "Woah seriously, ok I'll bring him."

Ayanokoji: "That's all so don't disappoint me. Make haste tomorrow, the application deadline for the school is closely approaching. Tokyo Advanced Nurturing High-school."

Me: "Got it. Consider it done."

I stepped out of the room and gently closed the door behind me. I proceeded to walk down the hallway, monitoring each class as I passed by.

After passing Generation 6 and 5, I stumbled upon the classroom of the former Generation 3.

I peered through the glass door, observing the class before me. There was a only 1student.

Akira Kawakami, the man I believe can rival Kiyotaka one day.

I swung the door open widely.

I met the gaze of the student that I had come to see. He had eyes of steel, starring me down like a hawk.

Me: "Akira, big news. Your wish will be granted. Put the test down and come with me."

Akira: "Wait I only have one more question, two minutes Uncle."

Me: "Ok, fine. I'll wait but only two minutes."

I grinned at him and he turned away, focusing his attention back on his test.

I exited outside the classroom and leaned against the wall beside the entrance waiting for the end of the test.