Volume 2 - Chapter 6 - I remember You

Akira's POV

I woke up after about a week according to the doctors. However, my body feels as though it's been at least a year. I'm barely able to stand on my own and my body feels considerably weaker.

So I can only imagine what Aimee has been going through.

It's been four years for her.

One week while I've been out of it, Ayanokoji has been roaming freely.

It's been a day since my friends visited. They were currently assisting Class D in clearing my name and Sudo's from imminent suspension.

I had also spoken to Kushida, the trap I had set for Ayanokoji for the midterms failed. She said that there were no signs of the papers being discovered. When she had told their teacher, she suspected no foul play.

The thought that occurred to me then was his teacher possibly protected him.

But for what?

Within my deep moment of thought, I heard a gentle knock on my door.

Me: "Open."

Two people had entered my room, they were the usually expected visitors.

Me: "Good Morning Mashima-sensei, Dr. Maruki."

They both greeted me back and Dr.Maruki did the usual routine checkups. He took some of my blood for testing, conducted light physiotherapy, and provided me with breakfast.

Dr.Maruki: "Kawakami-kun, that's omurice for your breakfast today. Be sure to eat all. In terms of your release, everything looks good. You should be able to leave once you've recovered your strength. I'd say about a week the latest."

I bowed my head to Dr.Maruki.

Me: "Thank you Dr.Maruki."

He nodded his head and left Mashima-sensei and me alone in my room. He was carrying a pile of books and papers. That was my homework for today. He set it down on the table next to me and took a seat.

He looked at me, his eyes were filled with glee.

Mashima: "You've finally woken up Kawakami-kun. I'm glad."

Me: "Yeah it's been a week. Haha glad to be back."

The glee from his eyes suddenly disappeared and was replaced by sorrow.

Mashima: "Kawakami-kun, you understand the situation you're in right? You're on the verge of suspension."

Me: "Yeah some friends were here yesterday, they gave me the rundown."

Mashima: "Teachers don't usually get involved with student conflicts but if you need me to, I will. This situation is way too serious to ignore."

Mashima-sensei waited attentively for my answer however, I declined.

Me: "If I allow the teachers and staff to get involved then this situation will blow out of proportion wouldn't it? I don't want Komiya to be expelled for this."