Volume 1 - Chapter 4 - Re.Mission 2

Akira's POV - 15 Years Old

I had lifted my leg and ferociously swung down on my sparring dummy, imagining that it was Professor Ayanokoji. I raised my fist and stopped it an inch before my sparring dummy's face. I heard a voice from outside the door, directed towards me.

Uncle: "For someone that refuses to hit others, you sure train a lot."

Me: "ARGHH That's because I like to stay in shape and vent my anger."

I had prepared once again to engage my dummy in sparring however, my uncle had halted my training.

Uncle: "Akira, how ya been? Long time no see."

I sighed loudly and rolled my eyes upon hearing his voice.

Uncle: "Oh come on Akira, don't be like that. That's how you're gonna greet your uncle? It's only been a day, you can't miss me already?"

I stopped in my tracks and turned my head slightly towards him.

Me: "It's that bastard, Ayanokoji. He blew me off and disrespected my family."

I punched the dummy hard enough to make it fall down.

Uncle: "Well Akira, I can't say I'm surprised. You and him together were only going to spell disaster. Anyway what did he say?"

Me: "He told me that my mom was a fool and died because of that and his son caused Aimee's comatose because she was weak."

Uncle: "Damn, well. Let's go to my office."

I turned my head back, ignoring his presence.

Akira: "That's it? Just tell me what you want, I'm busy training."

I could only think about bashing Ayanokoji's skull in.

Uncle: " Come on Akira, I don't always want something."

He giggled and continued while scratching his head.

Uncle: "But this time I do."

Me: "I knew it."

He hopped off of the wall and started to walk away.

Uncle: "Walk with me, we have much to discuss."

I maintained an arms-length distance while following him. Eventually, we arrived at his office.

He sat down first, smiling cheekily as he watched me stand in front of him.

Uncle: "Please have a seat."

Me: "No thanks Uncle, I'll stand."

His smile disappeared the second I said that. He then continued with a question.

Uncle: "Well then, Akira, would you like to go to school?

Me: "Huh? School? Are you serious?"

Uncle: "Now you wanna sit down?"

Me: "Tch, fine."