Volume 2 - Chapter 3 - Class C

Kamuro's POV

Mashima-sensei had returned to class and broke the news of Kawakami's status. There wasn't any good update since this morning. During lunchtime, Katsuragi and Sakayanagi had another discussion on the appropriate course of action. They didn't agree, however.

Their styles of leadership were opposites.

Sakayanagi proposed to confront Class C and D to find out the truth while Katsuragi believed that negotiation was the best course of action. With Kawakami's suspension being imminent, it was hard to say which side was better.

The one sure thing was that this was the beginning of Class A's faction war.

As Sakayanagi's friend I sided with her, she was determined to find the truth before Akira's suspension. I could have seen the determination and ferocity in her eyes. The minute class had ended, she stood out of her chair and met Kito who was standing by the door. She looked back towards Hashimoto.

Sakayanagi: "Masayoshi-kun, hit Class C. Hayato-kun and I will go to Class D."

He nodded to her and left the classroom, his hard footsteps echoing throughout the class.

Yahiko had stood out of his chair moving towards Hashimoto, seemingly to block his path. He was stopped by the loud voice of Katsuragi.

Katsuragi: "Yahiko, let them go. I'm going to negotiate with Class C tomorrow. They won't interrupt my plans."

Sakayanagi heard this and snickered.

Sakayanagi: "Negotiate all you want Katsuragi-kun, the minute you give in to people like that is the minute you become weak. "

She stared at Katsuragi however the pressure she exerted multiplied.

Sakayanagi: "A weak leader can't be in charge of Class A. You're going to fail."

After saying that she and Kito left the class to find Class D while Hashimoto was en route to Class C. I tailed him but he noticed me and stopped in his tracks.

Hashimoto: "Masumi, you don't have to tail me you know. If you wanna come with me just say that. "

I looked away from him in embarrassment.

Me: "I'm coming with you."

He looked forward and continued walking.

Hashimoto: "Let's go then."

We walked to the entrance of Class C and entered without notifying anyone of our presence. The class was empty, however, except for three people located at the rear of the class. Two of them stood behind while the other one sat in a chair with his legs on the table and a smug grin on his face. The people guarding him were brutes, looked to be strong fighters.

Hashimoto approached the desk but was intercepted by the two brutes.

Guard 1: "Ryuen-san were you expecting guests?"

The boy who was sitting down was named Ryuen based on the way he responded. He took his legs off of the desk and responded to the question.

Ryuen: "More or Less Ishizaki."

He directed his attention to the other guard and pointed toward us.

Ryuen: "Albert check them."

Albert walked towards us, towering over Hashimoto and me. He spread his arms, indicating for us to do the same. Hashimoto didn't comply, instead, he tried to walk past Albert to confront Ryuen.