Volume 3 - Epilogue - Good Riddance Kushida-san

Akira's POV

This chapter has very explicit language, you have been warned.

We remained in that position. Still and silent. Listening to each other's breathing and heartbeats. Inhaling each other's scents. This was a state of peace that I hadn't felt for a long time.

During this time, I hadn't taken my eyes away from the ocean. I began to close my eyes and try to savor this moment until it was suddenly interrupted.

Kito: "Akira, Masumi, it's time. The ship's leaving."

Kito stood behind us from a distance and once he said that, he turned his back. He didn't seem to react to Kamuro and me cuddling together but wanted to allow us to have this moment. She stood up first and turned to look at me as I stared back.

Kamuro then turned towards Kito and began walking in front of him. She didn't say anything as she passed by and began to walk without us. Kito waited for me, however. I stood up and brushed myself off. Walking side by side with Kito, I simply watched Kamuro walk in front as her long lilac hair flowed in the wind.

We had a silent walk for ten minutes until we finally arrived at the ship. There Hashimoto was guarding our things waiting for us. His arms were crossed as he awkwardly look down and away. Kamuro was the first to approach as she simply took her bag and walked on the ship, ignoring Hashimoto.

Hashimoto looked back at her and shouted.

Hashimoto: "You could at least thank us for packing and guarding your things!"

Kamuro ignored him and continued walking toward the ship. Hashimoto whispered under his breath.

Hashimoto: "Geez, so ungrateful."

Kito patted him on the shoulder and took his things. He then proceeded towards the ship and entered. Leaving him and me outside. My eyes drifted to meet his and he instantly looked away once our eyes met. He swiftly grabbed his bag and turned to enter the ship. However, what I did next stopped him in his tracks.

Me: "I'm sorry."

He turned around to meet my head bowed, awaiting his acceptance of my apology. He looked around to see if anyone was watching, waving his hands in embarrassment.

Hashimoto: "Dude stop you're making a scene! What the hell are you even apologizing for."

He approached and placed a hand on my shoulder, gently pulling my body upright.

Me: "It's because I was out of line earlier, I shouldn't have yelled at you like that and-."

Hashimoto: "Awww c'mon, it was never that serious."

He turned around and his bag in hand, smirking as he walked up,

Hashimoto: "We're bros. Don't forget that."

I gently smiled back and took my bags.

Me: "Hmph."

We walked side by side into the ship and to our room. There we unpacked our bags and settled in. I laid down in my bed and ended up dozing off as a result of exhaustion.