Volume 2 - Chapter 7 - I remember You 2

Akira's POV

Another day had passed. The time on the clock at this moment read 4 pm. This time I was expecting two visitors. I heard a slight knock on the door.

Me: "Open."

Sakayanagi walked through the door and Kito followed, carrying a large stack of papers. These were the results of the midterm exams we had just taken. I set them aside and greeted them. I was informed by her that Kamuro and Hashimoto won't be here since they're at their various clubs. Sakayanagi then took her seat to explain to me what was happening in Class A and regarding my suspension.

Sakayanangi: "Akira-kun, Class C has proposed to allow you to avoid suspension if we cooperate with them during the Island Exam."

Me: "I've heard. Ryuen has allied with Katsuragi-kun, did you know about this?"

She looked at me with a frown on her face.

Sakayanagi: "No. It was done without my knowledge. He didn't consult me or anything."

Me: "What?"

Sakayanagi: "Fufu, it's alright though. I don't know the details of the alliance but it won't be a problem. You're not under suspension anymore. Thus I've decided to leave your friend Sudo in Class D's hands."

Me: "So you're not helping them anymore Arisu-san? Why?"

A smug grin appeared on her face.

Sakayanagi: "They don't need our help anymore. Besides, he'll be fine as long as he's helping."

I watched her smug face with narrowed eyes.

Me: "He? Who are you talking about?"

She directed her attention towards Kito who was leaning against the wall with his eyes closed and arms crossed.

Sakayanagi: "Hayato-kun, can you fetch us some water from the vending machines? We're thirsty. Of course, I transfer the points."

He nodded his head and left the room. Sakayanagi then proceeded to take out her phone and showed a picture of some papers.

Me: "These-"

Sakayanagi: "Yes, these are the papers you gave Kushida-San correct? Ayanokoji-kun knows it was you."

I felt my heart stop for a moment.

Sakayangi: "I spoke to Ayanokoji-kun when I was helping Class D, he deduced that the culprit behind trying to get him expelled was you through observing Kushida-san."

I started to clench my fists as my body became more and more heated.

Me: "Tch!"

Sakayanagi: "Akira-kun, the person you were tailing from Class D wasn't Kushida-San but Ayanokoji-kun. Why?"

Me: "He did unspeakable things to Kush-"

Sakayanagi's response was quick like a bullet.

Sakayanagi: "Lies."