Fox 8

"Finally!" Levi cheered as he looped his arm through my own and practically dragged me through the throng of loud, obnoxious students. Quickly I snatched Alistair's hand in my own and brought him along for the ride as we were pulled down the hallway.

"Sl-Slow down Levi." Alistair tried to reason with him.

"But I'm so hungry!" He whined like the petulant child he was.

"There's enough food to go around." I laughed.

"Yes, but I still want to be the first one there." He pouted turning around to look at me for a second before he shoved past a rather large fellow who looked like he was two seconds from attacking us.

"Sorry!" Alistair called out on our behalf as we finally made it into the dining hall where many of the tables were already filled with students eating and chatting about today's events.

Levi pulled us to the line then finally released me from his death grip. Alistair huffed besides thankful that we had stopped moving and Levi wouldn't stop bouncing at the thought of food.

"Calm down." I smiled.

"I can't help it. I'm so hungry." He whined. "We haven't had anything to eat all day!"

"That's your fault though. Me and Tae were up and ready to go to breakfast but you refused to wake up." Alistair reminded him.

"No one in their right mind wakes up at five in the morning for any reason." He replied with a serious look.

"I'm pretty sure there's a good number of people who actually do wake up that early for all sorts of reasons, food being one of them." I laughed.

"Well not me! Next time we'll just have to conjure up some snacks." He replied.

"I'm not conjuring you up any food." Alistair replied as we all moved forward in the line.

"What? Why not?"

"Because you don't know how to be inconspicuous when it comes to sneaking snacks."

"That's not tru-" Levi started to reply with one finger up ready to start arguing with Alistair.

"You remember when we were at the movies that one time?" Alistair questioned as Levi promptly dropped his finger and closed his mouth. He ran his hand through his hair and kept his mouth closed before reaching out and grabbing a plate full of some sort of pasta.

"Whatever..." He grumbled as he grabbed two rolls. I couldn't help the smile that found made it's way to my face. Watching them as they interacted with each other was always entertaining.

"So after lunch Levi can go back to his room while we go to our other classes?" I questioned as we sat down at a vacant table.

"It seems that way." Alistair replied as he stabbed his salad with the fork.

"Lucky duck." I grumbled.

"Fox...I'm a lucky fox."

"Whatever you are, you're lucky." I laughed.

"Not really. I might come to class with you guys anyways."

"What? Why?" I questioned.

"It's going to be weird being in the room all by myself while they two of you sit through your classes. If anything I'm sure I can shift and sit with you guys in the class without anyone really making a fuss about it."

"Well we do live in a magical academy now so I doubt they'll be too mad about my familiar sitting in on a class or two." Alistair shrugged.

The rest of lunch was quite uneventful as we sat there and just talked idly about whatever came to mind. Briefly my thoughts went back home to my parents who I'm sure hadn't even realized that I was missing yet. They were probably still in the apartment in the city living the life they wanted.