Fox 21

I couldn't take my eyes off of him. It was just so strange seeing the bird that we had known for months now sitting in my living room as a man. He sat tall on the pristine white couch a stark contrast to his entirely black attire.

The ankle of one leg rested atop the knee of the other as he surveyed his surroundings, taking in everything. His head would jerk up, down, left and right before he looked back at whatever had originally caught his interest. His actions were so aviary in nature but so fluid that I don't think he realized that he was no longer in raven.

'So are we just going to pretend that Cano doesn't look like an older, more Daddy version of Tae?' Levi questioned, breaking me from my thoughts as he glanced at Cano.

'Can you not?' I whispered over the link as I looked over at him once more.

'What? It's true!' He countered.

'Levi's right Tae. He looks like an older version of you.' Alistair agreed.

'I know that. I'm not disagreeing with you but I'm just saying that it's weird that he's describing him like that.' I muttered.

It was eerie looking at him after Levi announced that he looked just like me because I had to agree completely. That's why he had looked so familiar to me. He looked just like me but older. He turned his head to the kitchen where we were hiding out under the pretense of getting him something to drink and snack on.

"It would be better if we discussed a few things sooner rather than later." He called out.

"Oh...Um...We're on our way." I called back as we gathered up everything we could and brought it back to the dining room where we invited him to come eat something. As he walked in he immediately went to scanning the room and everything before approaching the table.

"So question...Where's Merula?" I questioned.

"She didn't want to come. She thought you would hate her; well hate us." He explained as he reached for a granola bar.

"Why would we hate her?" I questioned once more.

"Just you. She thought that you would hate her." He answered as he took a bite out of the fruit and nut bar.

"Why would Tae hate her?" Levi questioned slowly not really sure where this was headed.

"Well I think that by now it's obvious that I am the..um... daddy version of Tae." He commented before winking at Levi with a smirk.

"Wha-How?" Was all Levi could stutter out with the faint blush covering his cheeks.

"I'm able to intrude on the connections of others. It's stronger when I have some sort of bond with one or more of the beings in the connection."

"And you've formed a bond with one of us?" Alistair questioned.

"I think you already know the answer to that. Since it's obvious that I look like Tae you must now be wondering why it is that we bear a striking  resemblance to each other." He continued.

"Um...yes we kind of are." Levi answered for us.

"It might come as a shock but I am Tae's real father." He announced as if he was simply discussing the weather and silenced every thought in my mind. Although it would have been easy to sit there in disbelief I couldn't help but accept the information as it came.

It would make sense though. All these years I wondered why I never looked like either of my parents of any one of my family members. I never truly fit in with them either, I was the odd man out at any function we attended.