Fox 3

"You're thinking too hard." Levi laughed at the look on my face. 

"Don't laugh at me...I'm trying to concentrate." I reprimanded him.

"You don't need to concentrate, you need to feel it." He replied gesturing both his hands towards his chest cryptically as if that was going to help any at all.

"Thank you Yoda but I think I'll just try it my way, I think I almost had something."

"Yeah a hernia probably..." He muttered under his breath causing me to snap my head in his directions. He cleared his throat and threw up his hands in a defensive manner as he backed up from me.

We had been at this for about half an hour and I wasn't getting anywhere. Alistair was lying on my bed watching us for the most part. His blonde hair had fallen into his face several times and he reminded me of a kid when he panicked trying to get every strand out of his face.

Levi was like a stern older brother who kept reminding him of the things that they had to do before they got home and Alistair kept waving him off dismissively. Then Levi would jump onto the bed and poke at his sides and tickle him until he got the answer he was looking for. Then he would come stand in front of me as if nothing had ever happened and asked me why I hadn't shifted yet.

It was interesting to watch the two of them interact. They were like brothers one minute, friends the next and then boss and employee as well. It would be interesting moving in with the two of them.

The more I thought about that decision the more I thought about what exactly that would entail. I wasn't so sure I should have made that decision without first finding out a few things about Levi, Alistair and this job I would be helping them do.

Turning away from Levi I walked to the bed and fell onto it face first. Alistair jumped up startled by my sudden movement and Levi simply jabbed me in the back with his finger asking me if I was alright.

"I'm fine but I think I should take a break." My answer was muffled by the sheets under me but I knew he understood what I was saying.

"Break? You haven't done anything yet!" He shouted incredulously.

"Isn't it enough that I just found out what I really am only half an hour ago? That sounds like a reason to just relax to me." I replied turning my head out of the sheets so that I could glare at him.

He huffed, crossed his arms over his chest and dropped down to the ground sitting with his legs crossed Indian style. He looked very displeased with my answer but he knew I was partially right otherwise he would be arguing with me right now.

I shifted on the bed so that I was lying on my side and was able to look at both Alistair and Levi. I had a few questioned that needed to be answered and they were going to tell me what I needed to know...or else.

Who am I kidding? What was I going to do against a seasoned shifter and a witch? They'd destroy me in no seconds flat but I really hoped that they would just answer all my questions and not pull a 'We'll tell you when you're ready' stunt with me.

"I have some questions..." I started. Levi rolled his eyes while Alistair looked at me with intrigue.

"Go on..." Alistair encouraged me to continue.

"What exactly is it that you do?" I asked him.

"What do you mean?"

"You said that I would have to move in and help you with whatever it was that you did but you never told me what that was."

"Well for now since I'm still pretty young I'm still in training and it's best to have your familiars with you when you're still learning that way they'll learn with you." He explained.