Fox 31

"So what do we do?" I questioned, panic eating away at me.

"Well first off we need to know for sure that they are mimics." Levi replied. "We can't just attack Alistair's parents without proof that they aren't who they say they are."

"Well how do we find proof?" I asked.

"Mimics do exactly as their name suggests; they mimic a person and their personality and they're even able to absorb main memories."

"So how can we be sure that they are mimics? It's not like we can ask them questions and try to stump them." Levi sighed.

"How about your ability to read auras? Did anything weird come up?" I questioned. Certainly there had to be something they couldn't mimic.

"Actually I wanted to tell you guys before everything happened but I haven't been seeing the auras. I didn't really realize it til now. Do you think it has something to do with us sleeping together last night?" He questioned.

"So your ability just disappeared?" Alistair questioned. "That doesn't happen."

"Well before I could see everyone's auras surrounding them. Now I don't see anything." Levi explained.

This day was just getting weirder and weirder. It was supposed to be the happiest day of the year for me and here I was about to spend it fighting creatures that we didn't even know how to fight. With a sigh I plopped down on the bed.

"Is it possible that you still have the ability but your body got more control over it when you gained the new ability? That's the only reason I can think of that your ability would disappear over night." Alistair surmised.

'So, is there a problem at the house?'  Cano questioned over the link.

'You were right. We might be dealing with mimics. Are you guys okay?'  I asked.

'We're dealing with a bit of  a situation on our end. It seems that we've been found out and they're not holding any punches. It might take a little while before we get home but whatever they've sent there I'm sure you can handle it. If not, call Jason and the others.' 

'Stay safe.'

'You too.'

"You guys my dad just contacted me. He knew that there was trouble here and they've been found. He said that they'll be alright but we're going to have to handle things on our end alone." 

"So any ideas on how we do this?" Levi questioned once more.

"Actually I do  have an idea. Mimics can only retain the most basic of memories. They don't have unlimited storage especially if they also have to memorize mannerism and behaviors. That means that smaller, newer memories can sometimes get lost or they just don't care to remember them. If I make up a memory that I know to be false and know that my actual parents would know to be false we should be able to trick them." Alistair mused.

"That could work. So what happens if they turn out to be mimics?" I questioned.

"Then we have to attack them but we don't let on that we know who they are until we have an opening. We've had enough training that we should be able to take down a couple of low level magical entities." Levi answered.

"Well I guess that is what all that training has been for." I hummed.

"So do we do this now?" Alistair questioned.

"Yes. The sooner we get this done the better. If they aren't your parents then that means that they may have your parents somewhere and if they are willing to involve mortals into this then there's no telling what could happen."