Fox 24

"Levi, do you know them?" His father questioned, one eyebrow arched in suspicion.

"Nope! Never seen them before in my life." He replied as he reached past his father trying, in vain, to push Tommy out the door. 

"That's not very nice..." Tommy laughed as his arms shot out to grab hold of the doorway as he dug his heels into the floor beneath him.

"Tommy stop teasing him." Jason held back a laugh as he stared at Levi and Tommy with amused eyes. 

Levi's father grabbed him by the collar and hauled him back, causing him to lose his hold on Tommy. He shook his head in annoyance as he pulled him to his side before turning back around to address Mr. Corin.

"I'm so sorry about his behavior. He's usually more behaved than this.  At least that's how we raised him. I don't know what's gotten into him." He apologized before turning to the side to glare at his son.

"No need. It just so happens that Levi and his friends are some of our students at the Academy. I had no idea that you lived here though Levi." Mr. Corin spoke up.

"Well that's definitely a coincidence but I hope that won't change your mind about the plot of land. If the thought of living this close to one of your students is concerning to you please know that we can make sure he doesn't bother you. 

However, we are very open with the kids here as they have seen the naked body since birth. It is a non sexual community and you have passed even our most extensive background checks. We don't think that there will be any type of trouble but if you feel as if a line needs to be drawn I completely understand."

"We are not in any way concerned about Levi's nudity. Unfortunately we've had to stop him on several occasions from scarring his fellow students during his gym lessons with Mr. Thomas here. He often forgets that not everyone is as comfortable with nudity in the showers as he is." Mr. Corin chuckled and I had to stifle my laughter as Levi face palmed.

"Wait until your mother hears about that. You'll never live that one down." His father laughed, a big booming laugh that just made you want to smile.

"And we like the idea of a plot of land to call our own. We'll certainly take it. If the papers could be drawn up as soon as possible we would like to get our contractors in as soon as possible to build."

"Well that's just great! I'm glad that this doesn't turn you off from the land. It's far enough away that you three will have your privacy but close enough that you can still be a part of the community." Levi's father explained.

"Is hunting allowed on these lands?" Jason questioned. "We have a pet or two and don't want any of them accidentally getting injured." 

"No. We don't have a lot of huge animals out here to even hunt. We have seen a fox or two..." Everyone's eyes turned towards Levi, except his father's who didn't seem to catch on. "If you do see something though that worries you just let us know and we'll call animal control."

"No need for that, we're used to having animals about. We're not worried about any of the wild life." Mr. Corin smiled and I had to say that it was one that could disarm anyone.

"Great! I'll just get all the papers drawn up if you three would like to come in and wait a little bit." Levi's dad offered as he turned away from the door and headed upstairs to where I assumed he was keeping all the paper work he needed. As soon as he was far enough away Levi's tolerant face slipped as he spun around to face the trio.

The glare that he shot them for anyone else would have been deadly but Tommy couldn't help but taunt him by calling him a cute puppy. The words almost made me laugh but I held it in for Levi's sake.