Fox 4

"So..." I started.

"Yup." Levi replied as he bit into his sandwich.

We had moved down to the kitchen after I shifted because I felt incredibly hungry. Levi told me it was because of the shift, apparently we tended to use up more energy when we shifted so we ended up eating more and more.

In front of me lied a half eaten sandwich, some chips, a slice of day old pizza and a large glass of iced tea. Alistair had a sand which and Levi had two and some chips. We had yet to discuss the fact that I had two tails since I shifted back into my human form and that was about fifteen minutes ago.

"Are we going to talk about this?" I huffed frustrated with the silence.

"If you want..."Alistair responded.

"I do! Why do I have two tails when Levi only has one?" I asked before chomping down on a handful of chips.

"Honestly I don't know. I mean I'm not that experienced in the whole familiar thing." Levi replied before Alistair could.

"Are you mad that I have one more tail than you?" I asked as soon as he finished talking.

"Not really. I'm more curious than anything." He replied shrugging his shoulders as he popped some chips into his mouth.

"So what do we do now?"

"I have someone I can ask but I don't know how long it'll take to hear back from him." Alistair replied.

I nodded my head in understanding even though I didn't really understand. Why the hell would it take so long to talk to whoever this person was? What would happen now? How would having two tails affect me?

"Stop worrying so much." Levi told me as he poked my cheek.

"Stop telling me what to do." I snapped as I swatted his hand away from my face.

He flashed me a dazzling smile before going back to the food that was in front of him. Looking up at Alistair I found him watching the both of us interact with a lazy smile on his face before he too went back to eating the little bit of food that he had. With a huff I went back to eating my food as well, welcoming the silence that it provided.

About an hour later we were back up in my room, Levi and I were lounging on the bed lazily while Alistair was in the kitchen collecting some things he needed to contact this friend of his. What he was getting I had no idea but every so often he would pop up in my mind and ask me where something was.

"I'm back!" He called as he nudged the door open with his foot.

Levi jumped up off the bed immediately to help him with the things that he was balancing in his arms. It was kind of cute to see the way Levi jumped to help him with whatever. He had the largest stainless steel mixing bowl we had in the kitchen and two unopened bottles of water.

"How are you planning on contacting your friend with that?" I asked as Levi sat down on the floor with his legs crossed.

Alistair set the two water bottles down on the floor next to Levi as he took a seat on the floor as well. He looked up at me expectantly and with a huff I plopped down on the floor in between him and Levi. He reached his hand out towards Levi wanting the mixing bowl and Levi handed it over to him.

"He doesn't exactly live in this realm." He explained.

"What do you mean he doesn't live in this realm?" I asked suspiciously.

"There are many magical creatures that reside in this realm but our true home is in Rhyeal. It's a beautiful world parallel to this one and similar as well. The sky's are a peaceful blue, the grass is a warm green and the people there socialize just like the ones here.