Fox 20

I sat in between Levi and Alistair at the table in the dining hall. My fork noisily dragged across my plate as I pushed food around, pouting. Once we woke up Levi was insistent that we come eat something instead of finishing where we left off. Alistair seemed used to it but I was still feeling a bit flustered every time I looked at them.

"Stop sulking Tae." Levi smirked. "Eat your food."

"I don't wanna..." I mumbled.

"Tae, please eat. You starving yourself won't change anything. He's always like this." Alistair smiled. "You'll get used to it."

"He's mean." I frowned.

"I can hear you." He laughed.

"Well it's good to see you three getting along once more." Someone called out from behind us. The three of us turned around to face the newcomer only to be greeted by Mr. Corin, Jason and Tommy.

"We talked things through and we're working on our communication." Alistair replied.

"Good. I'm glad the spell worked. I wasn't sure if Jason would be able to handle it by himself." Mr. Corin replied.

"It worked a little too well." Jason sighed. "I'm sorry about that again."

"It's fine. It got us to where we needed to be." I smiled. 

"So did you discuss...um...everything?" Jason questioned in a whisper as his eyes darted around the dining hall to see if anyone was paying attention to us. Which they were but only because the three of them had yet to sit down and were literally hovering over us having a full conversation with us.

"Yeah we did." I answered as my cheeks reddened.

"Hmm. What's that look for?" Mr. Corin questioned. "Are you embarrassed about something?" He teased.

"Oh...Um...Nothing." I stammered as I tried to hide my face from them.

"Clearly something interesting happened." Tommy laughed as he dragged an empty chair from a neighboring table over and sat in between Alistair and I. Jason sighed loudly and Mr. Corin simply laughed at his familiar before mirroring his actions, grabbing a chair for him and Jason and joining us.

"Nothing happened!" I shouted, a little too loudly.

"It's fine. Don't tell us all the juicy bits." Tommy shrugged. "We'll just assume the worse."

"Tommy stop teasing him." Jason begged.

"We're glad that you three are back to normal and whatever you discussed does not concern us so ignore Tommy, the rest of us do." Mr. Corin laughed. "What needs to be discussed, however, is what you plan on doing once you leave this academy. Tae, seeing as you are new to this lifestyle we wanted to discuss what you're going to do once you're home.

Your parents can not know about the true nature of this academy. Which I'm sure you already knew. However, we do send home charmed Academic tokens that help to explain your situation better. We simply need to know what it is that you told your parents."

The second he mentioned my parents my chest tightened. They probably wouldn't even be home once I get back home. It didn't matter if I brought back charmed items or not they would barely even hear what I was saying about my school life anyways. As long as I told them that I was doing well and that I was at the top of my class they would be happy.

"Um...Well I just told them that I was accepted into a prestigious Academy. They didn't ask for any details or anything." I explained.

"Well we'll still provide one or two things in case they do ask questions." Mr. Corin replied, not missing a beat. I'm glad that he didn't force me to talk about my parents. "As for Alistair and Levi I'm sure you two know what to do. You two have been partners for a while now, am I correct?"