Fox 23

It was strange sitting on a train headed to Levi's home with Merula sitting across from us with Cano sitting beside her. Alistair sat on Levi's lap with his arm draped over my shoulders. His scent surrounded me and I was currently finding it hard to concentrate on what either of my parents were telling me.

"We're going to have to keep moving because I'm sure the Council is on our trail." Merula whispered as she turned in her seat and threw her legs over Cano's lap. She wasn't in her usual long trench coat, instead she was in a pair of skin tight black leggings with a tank top on and a pair of black boots.

Her long black hair was pulled back away from her face into a high ponytail revealing more than I knew about her. Long scars littered her porcelain skin from her neck trailing down her shoulder and disappearing behind the top she was wearing. Briefly she looked up at me and noticed me staring so I quickly spoke up.

"Won't they find us?" I questioned.

"Hmmm..." She hummed. "Probably not. I'm very good at what I do." She smiled.

"So we're just going to hide out and not discuss the fact that we're practically being hunted down?" Levi questioned.

"Well the rest of us just assumed that it was clearly obvious that we were being hunted because they think that Merula and Cano are with us. We didn't see a reason to discuss it." Alistair laughed as he rested his head back on Levi's chest.

"I just want to understand everything that's going on." He huffed.

"By now I assume that the Council of Mages assume that you are helping us move from one place to the other undetected. However, they can't prove anything and that is the reason they are so intent upon catching us alive or catching you with us." Merula explained with a sigh. 

It was obvious to any being that this whole ordeal was wearing on her. Her coy and enigmatic personality seemed to fade as the train pressed on. All of this running was putting a strain on them and it made my chest tight.

After finding out that my parents weren't who they were supposed to be I've been watching Cano and Merula closer. They were honestly and truly in love and it warmed my heart. Cano took care of his love without question, anticipating every need and providing for her what she needed. Merula in turn lavished him with nothing but love and attention, constantly rubbing her hands along his back and through his hair.

"Wait!" I squeaked as sudden realization dawned on me. "Your family doesn't expect us to go nude too right?" I questioned Levi.

"Nah, you're good but I hope you don't mind if I do." He replied with a smirk and a wink in my direction and my cheeks warmed on their own accord at the attention. Merula giggled causing me to look over at her and Cano, who was glaring at Levi with narrowed eyes.

"How about you sleep for now before you say something that Cano will misinterpret something." Merula laughed as she waved her hand in front of her. The feeling of drowsiness passed over me and I soon found my eyes closing as the train continued to bounce along the tracks below us.

*********************************************************************

"Darlings..." A sweet voice sung.

"You shouldn't have used a spell." Cano worried.

"No worries. It wasn't a strong one my dear." She reassured him. "We're here."

Waking up from a sleeping spell was different than waking up from a natural sleep. I felt oddly rested and relieved with life. It took me a minute to remember everything that was going on with me. But after a minute or two I sat up and everything seemed to slowly come back little by little.