Move-In

August 5th

Dear Journal, my therapist said I should write down some things that happened in my life. So here I am. Today, my mom, twin brother, and I are moving to Oklahoma. 50 fucking states. She chooses Oklahoma. And the worst part is she picks some ghetto-ass neighborhood. And it's full of white people. Sometimes my mom acts dumb. Wait, not acts- IS dumb. The good thing is I'll be able to see one of my childhood best friends. Also, ex-boyfriend. But that was a long time ago. My sister lives in New York. She's stupid smart. Unlike me and my brother. Actually, my brother is the dumbass in the family.

SNATCH!

At that moment my journal was snatched by my brother Erick.

"Erick!" I screamed at him.

"MOM! Y/N was calling me a dumbass," Erick shouted at my mom.

"ERICK! Y/N! Stop yelling so much we are almost there." My mom was not in the mood. She works as a nurse, so she has a lot of patience. But sometimes, even her patience isn't enough.

"Erick, I will kill you." I gave him a stink eye.

"Kill me or don't. I don't care 'cause guess what I'm the fastest." My brother bragged.

"I'm still smarter than you. And older. Ha." I bragged back.

"By 9 hours, 45 minutes, and 13 seconds." He mumbled.

"Whatever. Just shut up." I shoved him.

"NINOS PORFAVOR. ME TIENEN LOCA CON ESE MONTON DE RUIDO." My mother said. Basically telling us to shut the fuck up cause was making her go crazy with the ruckus we were making.

My family isn't the most organized or polite family. At this point, I'm surprised I still live with my mom.

Yet, we still use our energy for something useful. In my old school, my brother was on the track team. He was the best runner on the team. I get mad pretty easily so I'm better with my hands. Basically, anything I can kick or throw. I was on the volleyball team. One of the best players in fact.

My mom said we were still about 15 minutes from my new house so we decided to go to the grocery store to get some groceries. My mom can't really find any food or condiments she would use back in her country.

After getting all the groceries, we went to checkout. My mom made me go get something else in the freezer section. Ice Cream. Noice. I was picking out some flavors of ice cream when a bunch of guys came into the section and bumped me into the freezer section and made me drop a bunch of buckets of ice cream. Turns out it was a gang. Great. They were just looking at me to pick up the ice cream.

"Well, are you going to help me pick this up or?" I asked them.

"Isn't that your job?" A guy with a leather jacket asked me. I glared at him. Racist.

"Dal, chill." I heard a kid whisper to him.

"Pedazos de mierda." I mumbled.

"What did you say, you little shit?" The guy asked.

"I said you're a piece of shit," I said and flipped them off and left. I saw some eyes go wide.

I got to the cash register and my mom wasn't there anymore. Shit.

I went back to the aisle and the guys were still there conversing.

"Heads up." I threw the ice cream at the guy with the leather jacket's face. I ran out of there.

My mom was beeping at me when I got outside. I ran to the car.

"Y/N what took you so long?" My mom asked me.

"Sorry, ma. A kid dropped a bunch of ice creams and I had to help him out." I said faster than lightning.

She just shook her head. Well, we were still like 10 minutes away so I took a nap.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

I finally woke up from my nap but I was still in the car.

But no one was in the car.

It was a gas station.

Then a face popped up on my side of the window.

"HOLY SHIT!" I screamed. The guy was startled.

"Ma'am I think you're daughter is awake." He told my mom.

What the hell was happening? I got out of the car and sat next to my mom in a waiting room.

"Mom, what happened?" I asked my mom.

"The tire pressure was too low, so I had to stop here. If you want you can go to the store and get something for yourself." My mom told me to give me some money.

I quickly said thank you and ran to the store. I was going to get some iced tea and Cheezits. I got the items and brought them to the cashier. He was really handsome.

"Is this all?" He asked.

"And this chocolate bar. That's it." I told him. He started scanning my items before we both heard a door open.

"Hey Soda, can you give me some cigs? Some girl threw some ice cream and now I smell like fucking vanilla-" He was saying before he abruptly stopped. He noticed me.

Shit.

I grabbed my stuff and ran out of there as fast as I could. The car was thankfully ready and my mom and brother were already in the car.

"MOM DRIVE!" I told her. The guy was running towards the car.

"Young lady y-" She started saying.

"JUST DRIVE," I told her.

She started driving and she started talking about how I shouldn't talk to her like that.I didn't care though because I was running for my life. My mom said we were at our new house and that's when I saw it.

Holy shit. I thought my mom was telling the truth when she said this place looked like a shithole. It actually wasn't that bad. The only things that needed to get fixed were the lawn and cleaning the outside part of the house but other than that everything was fine.

"Well this is nuestra casa. Let's get unloading." She told us. We spent the whole afternoon unloading and unpacking. My brother and I had to choose our room and I chose the smallest one. Only because I don't have much, unlike my brother who has track trophies and medals. I had a couple of trophies myself. I started unpacking, but only my clothes because my bed isn't coming till next week.

My mom left to go furniture shopping and left me and my brother unpacking at home. I heard a bell ring. I went downstairs to see who it was.

"Hello, I saw you guys moving across the street. And- Y/N?" He asked me. I was confused about why he knew my name till I knew exactly who it was.

"ALEX?" I gave him a huge hug and he hugged back. He spun me around.

"Still quite the hugger, huh?" Alex asked me. He gave me a sly smirk.

"You think? Come on inside." I told him getting out of the way.

"YOOO Alex my man! How you doin'?" Erick came down slapping his hand.

"Y'all really grew up man. You're my height now." Alex mentioned.

"And my height never changed." I mocked.

"Hey Erick, you still do track?" Alex asked Erick.

"Every day, man." He answered.

"Well, you can join the track team once school starts. There's a guy named Ponyboy that's pretty fast, maybe even faster than you." Alex informed Erick. This made Erick, cock an eyebrow. Something we learned from our Dad.

"Well if he's on the team he's an ally. I can't always be the fastest. By the way, when does school start here?" Erick asked.

"School starts Monday." He informed us.

"You've got to be shitting me?!" Erick and I said at the same time.

"You guys really are twins. Well, I have to go. See you guys tomorrow." Alex said. We waved goodbye and ran back upstairs.

This was going to be a long weekend.

🆂🅷🅸🆃.