Fiasco

New Years' is coming up in 2 days. In 2 days we will be in 1984. Next year ill be graduating. Next year, who knows what? I've been listening to my MJ album ever since I got it as a gift from Dallas. Alex had actually been looking for it but couldn't find it. I consider Dallas lucky, those things sold out everywhere. The country club has been closed for the longest time. It reopens on January 3rd but I return on the 4th. I can't wait to get back on track again and prepare college essays.

Many people take advantage of a new year and complete their goals. I don't. I'm super OCD so everything is organized up to 3 months prior. My room is only messy during volleyball season.

Talking about volleyball, tryouts are in 2 weeks. It'll be my last season of Varsity. Considering I make the team. Although, I probably will. I've been playing for years.

I get out of bed and go to the bathroom. I still have bedhead. I go back into my room and go through my closet. I find a pair of mom jeans and a sweatshirt. I grab my towel and go to the bathroom.

I quickly stripped myself and went into the steamy shower. I washed my hair and had a small concert. We don't mention that though.

I got out of the shower and quickly dried my hair. I put on my clothes, dried my feet, and put on my socks. I put my slides on and went back to the bathroom. I decided to put my hair up with a bright yellow neon scrunchie. It matched most of my outfits. I was going for a vibrant look today.

I sat on my bed and put on my color block Vans. I got out of my room and locked the door. I grabbed my keys and put them around my wrist.

"Erick, I'm going out!" I shouted at Erick. He gave me a thumbs up and continued biting butter. Mental that one, I'm telling you.

I got out of the house and looked behind. I know, I know. Why did you do that? I genuinely don't know. I started running the 3 blocks to get to Curtis'. It's not far. I live in the middle-class part of Tulsa, while the guys live in the rundown part. I felt some of the rich guys, the Socs, would pull up behind me. Thankfully for me, I run pretty fast.

I got to Curtis' porch and knocked on the door. Pony answered the door.

"Hey Y/N. What ya doin' round here?" Pony inquired, inviting me in.

"I wanted to see how my best friend, Johnny, was doing!" I exclaimed, pulling his cheeks. I saw him blush. I sat down next to him. Pony threw me and Johnny a can of pop. I thanked him and chugged it down.

"Really Y/N, what are you doing here?" Pony asked, crossing his arms.

"Casa is boring. Decided to come here. Why do you not want me here? I mean I could-" I got up from my spot on the couch.

"No! Why would we ever kick you out?" Pony whines and Johnny nods vigorously. I smirk and sit back down. Soda and Steve open the door dramatically and slam the door closed. Their faces were all red and they looked like they were laughing. They lock the door which is something that rarely happens around here.

"Open this fucking door, you fucking bastards!" I hear at the other side of the door. Pony goes to help the duo. They stand there for a while. Nothing is heard. We all go to the window to see where they could have run off to.

"You smell nice," I feel a hot breath on my neck and I turn around and punch the person behind me. I realize it's Dallas.

"You fucking dumbass! You scared me!" I help him get up and rush to the kitchen to get him an ice pack.

"You're going purple Dal," Johnny points out.

"Now I know not to mess with you," Soda says. The boys inch away from me slowly.

"What do you expect? I AM an athlete." Dallas scoffs after I say that.

"You don't hit that hard," Dallas smirks. I prepare myself to give him another blow and he almost flies off the sofa.

"Not that hard Dal?" Steve mocks.

"N-no. I just don't want her to hit me again. I have a broad to meet later today." Dal announces. I felt a funny tickle in my stomach but didn't show it.

"Well, you should get something for that bruise 'cause you look like that girl from Willy Wonka," Soda informs Dallas.

"Dal, y-you're going on a date tonight?" Johnny inquires.

"Yeah, little man. I'll be back here tomorrow afternoon." Dallas smirks. He better stop smirking so damn much before I give him a nice right hook.

"Why won't you come back at midnight? Johnny obviously wanted to hang out with you." I inquire. Dallas starts forming a smirk on his face. I want to punch him right there, right now.

"Because I'm busy. I keep forgetting you guys are little kids. Look Y/N, I'm going to fuck that broad so-" My eyes go wide and I push him into the sofa. Dallas's lips start forming into a smirk. Before he does that I slap him. The room erupts into gasps.

"What the fuck was that for?" Dallas shouts.

"For being a dick. And that stupid smirk is going to be my reason to kill myself. I'm too valuable for that though," I help Dallas get up and get him another ice pack. Anyone who saw him would think that he was in a fight with a Soc.

Someone knocks on the door furiously. Soda and Steve both run to the kitchen attempting to hide from whoever was behind the door. I get up being the fearless, young woman I am, and open the door. What I see is a man in a clown costume with a chainsaw.

"What in the 1912 Ronald McDonald's left buttcheek!?" I scream and slam the door shut. I run to the sofa and hide my body with pillows. Dallas snatches the pillows from me and goes to open the door.

"Keep that door fucking shut! There's a freaking jumpscare out there." I warn Dallas. He gives me a fake smile and opens the door. Still staring at me and not once acknowledging the jumpscare in front of him, he hands them 2 small plastic bags with powder. The abomination outside gave Dallas a $50 bill.

"Get out of here," Dallas scolds the embarrassment. Dallas slams the door shut and sits next to me. I look at him in complete awe.

"Since when was it Halloween? Whoever was out there looks like a fucking psycho." I complain. He blows raspberries and flips me off.

"Sounds like you have a twin," Dallas mumbles.

"Insult me one more time and I tell Darry you're selling powder from his doorstep," I mock. Dallas stares me dead in the eye.

"You, Wouldnt. Dare." Dallas emphasized.

I get up from the sofa and pick up the phone. I call my house acting as if it were Darry.

"Gomez Residence, this is Erick Gomez speaking," I hear on the other side of the line.

"Hey, Darry! This is Y/N, I just wanted to let you know that there was some suspicious-" I started speaking before Dallas snatched the phone and put it down.

"Something you want to say?" I ask Dallas. His eyes go from my eyes to my lips and I felt him getting me closer but then the door opened.

"I'm home," Darry announces as he comes in and lays his toolbox down. I go red and run out of the house.

"You lying bitch!" I hear Dallas scream and come running behind me. I run faster though and run to my house, pounding the door.

"Sup," Erick says. I push him out of the way and slam the door shut. I stay there for a second and then Dallas starts pounding on the door.

"Open this door, Gomez!" Dallas shouts. Erick goes wide-eyed and drops his butter.

"My butter!" Erick shouts.

----------