Return

The day I have dreaded since coming back from the hospital is here. Monday. Monday's suck the life outta you. On top of that, I hadn't been to school in like 2 weeks. So people are going to talk. But who I don't want to see is 100% going to be there. Or everyone I don't want to see. Erick told me if anyone bothers me to let him know cause he'll fix it for me. He's been acting real nice lately and I'm hoping it lasts. I should head to school now.

I place my journal in my drawer. I was ready for school. My clothes were a little tight but they still fit at least. Everyone knew I was returning to school. I mean it's not that bad since they all think I was badly injured. Other than the fact the gang keeps pestering my brother into telling them why I don't want to talk to them, I'm fine. I did look decent. I mean at least tried to make an effort.

I walked downstairs and saw my brother waiting for me, but he was looking out the window. He heard me come down the stairs so he turned around and smiled.

"You ready?" Erick asked. 

"Nope, but I think I'll be fine." I smiled. We left the house later than usual since Alex would've followed us if we had gone at the normal time we left. So we'd make it just in time for the first period. 

We got to our school and made our way inside. We just barely made it to our class on time. Which was boring. I was falling asleep when I heard the word pregnant coming out of my professor's mouth. Which caught me completely off guard. I jolted up in an instant and paid attention to what he was saying. 

The bell rang for the end of the first period and I jumped out of my seat. I couldn't bear hearing the rest. It was a bunch of mumbo jumbo on the female reproductive system. The irony was killing me. Erick was at my side, as we walked to our lockers, I saw Alex. H was there standing with a bouquet of (flowers you dislike). Gosh, if only he knew me. I quickly turned around, Erick following behind me. I hear footsteps behind me and all of a sudden Alex is in front of me. I roll my eyes but there's nothing I can do now.

"Y/N, how have you been? I heard about your stay at the hospital." Alex mumbled.

"Oh please. My brother chased you down. I saw you there." I scoff.

"Did you not want me there? What's going on Y/N?" Alex said holding my hand. I wasn't about to break the news to him in the hallway or today for that matter. So I quickly made something up.

"I didn't want you to see me so weak. It was embarrassing." I lied. I will explain everything another day.

"Oh please, like I haven't," Alex said smirking. Does he not have a sense of the environment or something, but I went along with it.

"Alex, don't talk about that." I playfully slap his arm. He gets close to my ear.

"My parents aren't in town. You can always come over, and bring that box your brother gave you for Christmas." He whispered. They didn't have an effect like me anymore. Mind you, my brother was still there during everything, in case he needed to jump in.

"I'll have to pass. I'll see you in Lunch." I said, kissing him on the cheek. It was disgusting. Erick and I went our separate ways because I have Creative Writing. Great.

I walked in and saw all three of Johnny, Dallas, and Ponyboy's seats empty. Weird. I sat down and started writing. We had a big assignment since the semester was ending. We had to write a short story on anything we liked. I had started my assignment when the bell rang.

"Boys, just on time. Start writing." I hear the teacher say. I hear the sound of chairs scraping in my surroundings and I slowly raise my head to find them. All three of them. I attempt to breathe steadily and I do successfully. I focus on my work and block out anything and everything. 

I hear the bell ring, pack my things up, and leave. I'm glad they decided to respect my wishes. Alex needs to learn to be more like them.

-----------------

The end of the school day, finally. My feet ached, and I was hungry. I was ready to go home. I go down the stairs and meet Erick outside. With Alex by his side. Can this guy get a clue?

"Hey, Erick. Hi Alex. Let's head home." I say and smile. Alex interlocks his hand with mine. Ugh, someone kill me now, please. I look behind me and see Dallas lighting a cigarette. I completely forgot about the letters. Gosh, he was so sweet about it. And here I was holding this douche's hand.

"Alex, I'll go to your place at 5," I whisper in his ear. He smirks and smiles devilishly. 

We finally get home and kiss Alex goodbye. I run up to my room and think about what I'm going to do at Alex's house. I finally decide what I'm going to do and run downstairs. I had 30 more minutes before I had to go to Alex's house. I had a feast. I made myself some pupusas and they were really good. Improved. I checked the clock and it was a quarter to 5. I went upstairs, grabbed my slippers, and knocked on my brother's door.

"Erick, I'm on my way to Alex. He invited me over." I say before he opens the door. 

"Are you going to tell him?" Erick inquired.

"Nope. Offered sex, so I'm on my way. I'll see you later." I hugged him bye and made my way out the door. I'm pretty sure he was caught off guard by the sex part.

It wasn't that long of a walk. I got there on 5 at the dot. I knocked on his door and the door immediately opened.

"Hey pretty girl," Alex says with a smirk. I smiled and let me in. I see his dining table lit up with candles.

"Dinner?" I inquired.

"For both of us. In celebration of our love." I squirmed at the word love. I took a seat and he had two glasses of wine that he had probably stolen from his parents

"Oh, I'm not drinking tonight, sorry," I say, remembering the pregnancy. He put it on his side of the table and offered sparkling water which I said yes to. He had made spaghetti and meatballs and a chocolate cake for dessert. The chocolate cake wasn't as good as the one Darry makes but it was decent.

When we were finished, he put our dishes in the sink and helped me up. He pressed play on his music player and he extended his hand.

"A dance m'lady?" Alex offered. I kindly accepted and he put his hand on his waste. I started to feel guilty for everything while we danced the evening away. I had cheated on him and gotten pregnant. 

"Why don't we take this upstairs?" Alex whispers in my ears. That's when I couldn't help it. I took a seat on his couch and tried to keep my composure. I had to tell him and prevent myself from crying.

"Y/N are you alright? What's wrong?" Alex sat down next to me.

"We need to talk," I say. My lip was quivering. I didn't want to have to say this, but I couldn't hold it in anymore.

"What about?" Alex inquired. He held onto my hand till I pulled it back. I sat up looked him the eyes and said,

"We need to break up."