Home

I'm currently scribbling this on a napkin. Well, things have changed. I'm pregnant. Wow. I can process it, but I just don't believe it. Why. I thought I was being safe. I wasn't. I'm finally being discharged as the baby appears to be healthy. They did say that if anything feels weird, I should come right back. I'm 4 months pregnant. So, when I graduate, my bump will be noticeable. Not too much, since I'll be wearing my robe and something loose. I just have to focus on my grades and the baby for now. 

I stuff the napkin in my sweater pocket to add it to my journal later. Just in time, my mom comes in with my discharge papers. She was thankfully the only one on my case, so no one had anything to mumble about, other than the doctor of course. She gave me the papers and she also signed as my guardian. I signed a bunch of papers as well as a folder they gave me to track my baby's progress. My baby. I still can't believe it.

I managed to pick myself up since I've been on bed rest for the last 5 days. I'm in some sweats and a hoodie. I look disheveled since I didn't even bother brushing my hair. I pull my Converse on, and Erick takes my stuff with him. He's been bringing me schoolwork because my teachers are under the impression that I got injured badly. Thankfully coach hasn't said anything except that I'm off the team. All this affected me emotionally and physically. Especially with Dallas' visit. 

Why doesn't he stay in his bar-apartment and go sleep with a bunch of other whores? And back to the baby? What do I even say? Hey, so I'm pregnant and you're the possible father? Yeah, please. 

I carried my purse out with me, and my brother opened the passenger door for me. He has been respectful so far, and I'm praying it lasts. I mean honestly, our sibling fights are a daily thing but now everything has changed. Drastically.

"Can we go to Dairy Queen?" I ask Erick, with a pout. He rolls his eyes and nods. I got excited and accidentally banged my head on the window. 

"Ow," I caress my head. 

"Are you ok?" Erick asks worriedly trying to keep his eyes on the road.

"Only if you pay for my food," I smirk.  He smacks me playfully and that is when I finally feel like maybe all hope isn't lost.

We pull up into the parking lot and I stumble out, dizzy from the sudden movement. My brother leaves the door open for me and I mumble out a thank you. We sit ourselves at a booth and while we wait for the waitress to come by, Erick decides to begin talking.

"So, um when are you going to tell them?" Erick mumbles not knowing I didn't want to talk about it.

"I don't know. I mean considering I don't know who the father is. Well, I'll figure it out." As I finish talking the waitress comes by and takes our orders. I ordered a chocolate milkshake and an order of chicken tenders and ranch. My brother orders himself a burger and a Coke.

We sit there talking amongst ourselves, joking around, planning for the future. And when we received our food I scarfed it down. 

And then I see the unexpected. Alex and the gang, including Dallas. I tap on Erick's shoulder and show him the gang. His eyes go wide and he puts his food down. 

"Do you feel comfortable with them here?" Erick asks.

"Of course not. I'll go hide in the bathroom. Can you help me up?" Erick grabbed my hands and helped me get up as I speed walked to the bathroom. I hear the guys come in and I spy for a while.

"Hey Erick, how you doing?" I hear Alex say. Erick turns around, pretending to notice the large group. 

"I'm fine." Erick manages to say. The gang sits next to him and where I was previously sitting.