Detention

Guess who decided to sit out for lunch today? Dallas Winston. Ugh, he's so annoying. He thinks he's the shit. Well, he should know he probably is because he smells like it. One of these days I'm going to kill myself. Not literally obviously. But it could happen.

Ponyboy, Johnny, and Winston are outside eating lunch. But Dallas is smoking a cigarette. Who smokes a cigarette on school grounds?

As much as I hate Winston. Ponyboy and Johnny are still my friends so I guess I should go sit down with them.

I make my way to their table and I hear Dallas scoff. I roll my eyes in annoyance.

"Hey guys, mind if I sit with you guys for lunch?" I ask them. They look at each other and nod at me. The only seat available is the one next to Dallas so I take it. Oly to annoy him. I don't want to sit next to him.

"So, Y/N are you going to go to the track meet today? We really need some people on the bleachers. And the only people there would be the gang."

"I would but I can't I got detention," I inform him. I see his body shift but Dallas just snorts.

"What so funny? Just realized you smell like shit?" I ask him. He gives me a smirk.

"You? Detention? They really just give anyone detention now, huh." He says, cooly.

"Oh please, the only reason I got detention was that I wanted it." I scoff out. This kid is so annoying.

"I really am sorry, Ponyboy. I was trying to avoid having to walk with Erick. And now I just noticed that I got detention for no fucking reason. Great." I was waiting for Dallas to explode into laughter but he was looking at something. Or someone.

He was staring at Alex who appeared giving him a nice stare. But he doesn't notice I'm sitting right next to him.

I tried to continue some conversation with Pony And Johnny but you could literally feel that tension. But that's when I cook up a plan. It's both a win-win for me and Dallas.

"What I am about to do is strictly to make Alex get jealous. After this, we immediately go back to hating each other." I whisper loud enough so only he could hear. He gives me a slight nod.

That's when I give Dallas a hug and I immediately gag. He does not smell like shit. He uses so much cologne. Probably to cover up the shit. But I'm not 1disgusted or disturbed by the hug. At least not completely. He's actually really warm. Oh, what the fuck am I thinking? I pull away but I take this a step further and I could feel Alex and Erick staring at us. I stare into his eyes.

But that's when I actually do. I look into his eyes and I see a little buy neglected. A boy who needs someone important in their life. A not who just wanted a little bit of love. I try so goddamn hard to look away but it's impossible. I notice Dallas struggling as well. That's when we were interrupted by Pony clearing his throat. I finally notice what I'm doing and turn around embarrassed.

Thars when I see Erick marching toward our table and he starts having a little small talk with Pony. I roll my eyes and realize how annoying he is. I think he's just jealous I get more guys than he does girls. I clear my throat and Erick finally lifts his head up.

"What do you want, Erick?" I ask.

"Talking to Ponyboy, what were you talking about with Dallas?" Erick asks back.

"Ah Nah man, don't pull me into this, I didn't do shit," Dallas replies.

"You know Y/N I actually need some help with some Italian homework, mind helping me?' He asks. This guy thinks I'm stupid but I decide to follow his lead.