New Years'

A/N: I'm really sorry for not posting. I had the worst writer's block. WARNING: MATURE CONTENT AHEAD ⚠️

Today is New Year's Eve. My mom, Erick, and I are going to a gala for mom's job, which is also a hotel. My mom works as a nurse and those doctors get really fancy with their parties. I went dress shopping a few days ago and decided to go in ( whatever dress you want.) Alex and his family are going as well. Erick borrowed a tux from Alex's dad. My mom is currently making hor d'eourves. I'm going to help her out in a second but I'm quickly writing this entry. See you tomorrow ;)

I place my journal in my nightstand drawer and head for the kitchen. I'm dressed and ready to go and notice that my mom was already done with hor d'eourves.

"Already done, mami?" I ask my mom. She looks up and sighs.

"Si. It wasn't that bad. Kate told me it would be overwhelming but, I'm done. I have to get ready. Please make sure your brother doesn't eat anything". My mom pleaded. I gave her a single nod and allowed her to leave.

Two minutes later, someone comes running down the stairs. It was stupid Erick. He was in a black and white suit. His jacket, pants, and bowtie are black and his shirt is white.

"It smells so good," Erick pushes me out of the way. I get back up and push him.

"Wait till we get to the stupid party," I give him a rag and tell him to wipe his upper lip. He snatches it from me and cleans himself.

I walk to the TV reminding Erick to not even breathe on the food and turn on the TV.

"Put on the Times Square Ball Drop countdown," Erick huffed. I looked for the channel and finally found it. Erick and I continued watching TV till our mom came down the stairs and told us to start the car.

"Shotgun!" Erick shouts. I didn't really care cause I needed the extra space. A few minutes later my mom came out in her new coat and entered the car.

"Mom, I love you, but I don't want a stepdad," Erick whines.

"Thank you for the compliment," My mom fake smiles.

The hotel, where the event was being hosted was a little bit north, about 35 minutes away. I had my portable flashlight with me so I started reading my book. My mom stopped for gas and me and Erick left the car to stretch our legs.

"Y/N, can you sit passenger? My legs are asleep." Erick asked.

"No, I'm in fucking heels don't complain," I responded. He flipped me off and took his portable mirror out of his bag.

"There's no way you brought a whole-ass mirror," I giggled. Erick rolled his eyes.

"Yes, I did. Need to make sure I look good for the ladies." Erick winked at himself through the mirror. He's so full of himself. Full of shit, that's what.

My mom finished filling the car up and we were on our way again. We finally got to the hotel. Erick and I helped bring the food inside. Our mom introduced us to everyone. The pediatrician, the receptionists, and the surgeons. Everyone. Erick and I stayed at each other's side till I found Alex of course.

"Y/N!" Alex called out. Erick and I both walked over to his parents' table. My mom greeted Mr. and Mrs. Maguire while we were talking with Alex.

"Someone looks a little too good," Alex growls. I raise my eyebrow and Erick gags.

"Please don't hit on my sister while I'm here," Erick shivers. Alex rolls his eyes and places a kiss on my temple.

Mrs. Maguire hugs both of us and then we shake Mr. Maguires' hand.