Part eleven

A/N: linked song is relevant to PJ's thoughts :-)

Dan P.O.V.

I finished straightening my hair and when I was certain there were no traces of hobbit hair left, I turned them off and pulled on a jacket. Checking my reflection in the mirror for the last time, I breathed out shakily. Why was I so nervous?

I found Phil on his laptop in the living room and kissed him before putting shoes.

"See you later Phil, love you!" I closed the door and made my way out of the building. What was I supposed to say to PJ? 'Hey, yeah, well we made out last night at Alex's party and you told me you were in love with me but I'm Phil so can we forget the whole thing?' I sighed, my nerves building. Something told me PJ was going to put up a bit of a fight before agreeing to not telling anyone, but for Phil, I would fight that battle.

I saw PJ was already at our meeting point so I went over to him, feeling strangely confident. He looked up and smiled at me.

"Hey Dan."

"Hey," I sat down next to him and tried to control my breathing. 

"So, what did you want to talk to me about?"

"Do you remember what happened between us last night?"

"What do you mean? I didn't see you last night," I stared at him, the feeling of relief sweeping over me.

"So you don't remember us going into Alex's bedroom?"

"No? Why? Did we...? Did we do something?" He really didn't remember? I wanted to jump around for joy, PJ didn't remember which meant I wouldn't have to worry about him telling anyone and I could keep the secret to myself.

"No! No, it's just... We... We had a bit of an argument."

"Oh really? What about?"

"I don't really remember but you were upset and I was mad, and I just wanted to see if you're okay."

"I'm fine, so you're still mad?"

"No, let’s forget about it, it's in the past."

"Alright, well, I'm assuming you didn't tell Phil that you came to talk to me."

"Well... Not exactly..." He raised an eyebrow and laughed at me and I felt myself blush.

"What did you say to him?"

"That we were looking at lenses," I admitted quietly, looking down.

"I'll cover for you, I need to look at lenses anyway, so, wanna come?" I felt myself nod and we headed into town. It felt like a whole weight had been lifted off my shoulders; hopefully now I could carry on as normal with Phil.

PJ P.O.V.

I saw my phone light up and I stretched over and grabbed it to see a text from Dan.

Peej, can we talk?

Sure, where and when? I texted back, feeling myself smile at the thought of seeing him again.

The usual place, about 2:30?

That's fine, see you in a bit, I tapped back. I turned my head and saw a sleeping Chris whose arms were tightly around me and legs twisted in with mine. I wasn't sure how I got here but I didn't mind how we were positioned, it made sleeping comfier and kept me warm and I liked the company.

I didn't know where I would be without Chris. His constant love and care for me kept me alive and he was always someone I could lean on if I was upset. I knew I was hurting him by not saying what was wrong with me, but I was scared we wouldn't be as close as we are if I told him I was in love with our best friend.