Part twenty-one

Dan P.O.V. 

"Can we talk about this? Please?" 

"I don't want to hear any more of your lies. I'm going out," Phil spat. I heard the key in lock and went after him, but the door slammed before I got there. 

 I leaned against the wall and sunk to the ground. I swallowed back the tears that were making my eyes burn, I wasn't going to cry. I didn't deserve to cry. This was my fault. I did this.

I allowed myself to stare at the wall aimlessly, my mind blank but crammed with thoughts at the same time. I knew Phil was out there somewhere and knowing that he was probably sobbing his heart out and that I had caused it pained me. I deserved everything I got. Phil loved him but I threw it back in his face and hurt him in return. 

I wanted to chase after him, telling him how sorry I was and how much I loved him and beg for another chance, but he was upset and angry and he wouldn't listen to me or want me anywhere near him.

Phil. 

My Phil. 

No. I had to fix this as much as I could. Suddenly finding energy in me, I pushed myself off the floor and found my phone, scrolling through my contacts. I tapped on the name 'Peej' and pressed on the number and so it started calling him and held my phone to my ear.

PJ P.O.V. 

I hummed tunelessly to myself in the kitchen, getting things out the cupboards so I could start making breakfast for myself and Chris. I knew he wouldn't eat unless food was there in front of him. He just forgets to eat, or at least, that's what he says. 

My phone vibrated and I reached for it, smiling automatically at the caller ID. 

"Hello?" 

"Hey." 

"What's up Dan?"

"Can you come over? Like, now? I need to talk to you."

"Uhh..." I glanced towards my bedroom where Chris sleeping. Surely he could manage being on his own for a little while if he woke up before I got back? He was 25 and I could make food later, he would be fine. "Sure, be there in a few."

 I practically ran around the apartment to improve my appearance and put on the first shoes I got my hands on. I grabbed my keys and locked Chris in then bounded down the stairs and walked to Dan's as fast as I could, the sick feeling of butterflies in my stomach. 

I knocked on his door and tried to calm down my breathing which had sped up from my nerves and the speed I was travelling. The door opened a few moments I stepped inside and walked into the lounge and sat down on the sofa. Dan stood a few metres away, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. 

"So, what is it?" I asked and he jumped, like he forgot that I was there. 

"You. You need to stop." 

"Stop what?" 

"You know exactly what I'm talking about! The kisses... it needs to stop!" He burst into tears but wiped them away fiercely and gave me a hard stare. "We argued this morning, and he left, I don't know where he is. This is all your fault! Why did you have to muck things up? Why? Everything was so perfect between us then you went and screwed it up! He knows! He knows we did something! And right now he's out crying his heart out and it's all your fault!" He started crying again then sat down on the floor and curled up in a ball. 

I went and sat next to him but he ignored me, sobbing into his arms. 

"Please... leave me alone... leave us alone... I can't lose Phil, I just can't..." 

"Shh... it's okay, I know you love me," I put an arm around his shoulders and he softened slightly at my touch. "Dan, please stop crying," he looked up at me with a blotchy face. I forced my lips on his but it lasted for only just a moment as he pushed me away. 

"No! I told you, it has to stop!" 

"But, I-I love you Dan," I wasn't my cocky self anymore. I was a broken boy whose heart had just been shattered. 

"I don't love you PJ, I love Phil," he was sorry as he said it, I could see it in his hazel eyes. He wasn't just lying to me, and he was lying to himself, and that was the worst part. If I knew he didn't love me, if he didn't kiss back, the maybe I would walk away, drop it, leave him alone and move on. But that wasn't the case, so it only made me want to fight for him harder. 

"Dan-" 

"No, PJ! Just get out! Get out! I don't want you anywhere near me!" he took a deep breath and stared me again and if you hadn't been there a few moments before wouldn't have thought that he cried. 

"I-"

"I said, get out!" He shoved me and I knew it was over, for today. So I did what he said, and left.

A/N: TEAM PHIL OR TEAM PJ?