Part thirty

Phil P.O.V.

"Don't damage your liver too much, okay? I love you," I kissed Dan knowing it would be for the last time that night as we still kept our relationship to ourselves.

"I love you too," I felt myself blush at the comment and knocked on Jack and Finn's door. "Maybe we should just go in... With the music and everything they probably can't hear us."

"Are you sure Dan? I feel a bit rude doing that..." 

"We'll say hello to them first, come on," Dan opened the door and let go of my hand and I followed closely behind him through the house. We found Jack in the kitchen trying to chat up some girls and I felt awkward going over and interrupting but Dan saw me hesitate and pulled me over to him. "It's only Jack, stop worrying Phil." 

Jack smiled when he saw us and waved us over. 

"Alright guys?" 

"Hey Jack! How are you?" I couldn't understand how Dan could sometimes be so talkative and make it look easy. After a few minutes of conversation Jack pointed over to a large stack of alcohol in the corner. 

"Help yourselves, we've got plenty to around!" Dan's eyes widened at Jack's words. 

"Oh don't worry, we will, won't we Phil? See you later Jack!" Dan grabbed a bottle and gave it to me and I looked at him questioningly. "You have this, they're doing shots in the other room," he laughed and waved at me before disappearing. 

I never realised how much I depended on Dan until he left me alone. When I looked around I saw that I didn't know anyone, they were all just strangers to me that knew each other. A small girl with dark hair caught my attention. She was staring at me with wide, bright green eyes and when she knew she had my interest she walked towards me and stopped no more than a foot away from me. 

"AmazingPhil, right?" 

"Yeah, yeah that's me." 

"No way! I love your videos! My name's Marie," she suddenly blabbing on about anything and everything while I didn't really pay attention and nodded and 'ahhed' at the right moments.

"So... are you with somebody at the moment?"

"Huh? Oh, well, I came here with Dan."

"That's not what I meant silly!" She giggled. "I meant are you in a relationship with anyone?" She looked hopeful, but I could see she was someone who would use anyone's fame to get her name out. 

"Oh! Well, uh, yes," I felt bad when I saw her face fell but I couldn't lie to her. 

"Oh okay, see you later!" And she stalked off in the opposite direction. 

* * *

Two hours passed and I was now in Chris's company. I felt relaxed in his presence and wasn't really thinking about anything else which made the time go faster. He had already been in tears to me about PJ, a name that still made my skin crawl, but I turned on my caring side and comforted Chris until he felt better. 

I blamed his alcohol intake for the breakdown since he was never the one to cry in front of people and would always deal with things alone, but sober or not sober I was glad he was letting me in to some degree. But soon enough he went back to his usual self with impersonating people with different accents - something that always left me in tears. 

He gained an audience not before long and I laughed along with the small group of people. It was interesting to see that they completely oblivious to the person behind the acting but at the same time it was amazing to see that it was the same broken boy I had held not so long ago. 

* * *

Another two hours passed and there was still no sign of Dan. I understood he didn't want people to know that we were together, but completely avoiding me was a bit far, wasn't it? 

"Hey Chris have you seen-" and then I stopped dead in my tracks. I felt everything in me shatter and my world fell apart because when I followed Chris's gaze, my deepest fears were confirmed. Because there, in the corner, was Dan lip-locked with PJ.