Part forty-eight

Dan P.O.V. 

I woke a few hours later, feeling the last of the day’s sun on my face. I tried to manoeuvre myself out of Phil's clutch without waking him, but I was unsuccessful and his eyes fluttered open and looked down on me.

"Where are you going?" He asked me, still sounding sleepy. 

"I was going to wake you up with a coffee." 

"Stay with me for a while, I missed this." 

"So did I," I snuggled back into his chest and listened to his steady heartbeat. "I love you," I didn't feel forced to say it, but I remembered how PJ said he would need a lot of reassuring. I had a long way to go before he trusted me again, that was for sure, but I could wait now that I was certain with my feelings. 

"I love you too." 

"What do you say to a night of Buffy and take away food and just being together?" I could almost hear him smile, knowing he would like the idea.

"Dan, that sounds perfect." 

"I know you too well." 

"Well after knowing me for years, I would be worried if you didn't," he chuckled, linking our hands together. I smiled, still not able to believe we were back together, but I couldn't be more grateful for it. 

* * *

After watching so many episodes of Buffy that I had lost count and being stuffed to the brim with Chinese food, we were laying down facing each other in bed, our giggling developing into laughter. 

"What are we laughing at?" Phil asked after it subsided. 

"I don't know, I forgot," this only made him giggle again with his tongue sticking out and I grinned in response. "You're so cute," his cheeks turned a shade of a red. "Phil?" 

"Yeah?" 

"I think I'm falling for you." 

"Good thing I'm here to catch you then," he kissed me and then buried his face in my chest. "Now let me sleep, I'm tired." 

"Okay, I just need to send a text to Alex," which was partly true. I told him me and Phil were fine again then I tapped on PJ's name and sent him a text with just two words: 

Thank you.