― 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘‒𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵ ⚘݄*₊˚

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵ ⚘݄*₊˚

「 CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR 」

― THE ATMOSPHERE WAS unusually quiet. The silence which you once thought you had been used to became odd. It was not every day that there was a bit of quietness, especially when you're surrounded by loud volleyball players.

Currently, you were on the volleyball club's bus, on the way to the next destination. 

You looked out the window, the sky glowed little by little as dawn slowly approaches. With headphones covering your ears, you had tried to go back to sleep since you'd woken up pretty early, not to mention you still had a long way to go before reaching the location of the practice match.

Looking around the bus, you realized that you were the only one awake, besides the driver. Everyone was passed out, asleep in their respective seat. 

Iwaizumi leaned against his hand which was propped beside the window, his face held a weird scrunched-up look. Oikawa was snoring away underneath his sleeping mask, body comfortably pressed against Iwaizumi's side. 

Behind them, Matsukawa and Hanamaki propped their head on each other's shoulders, a blanket draped over their body, sharing the warmth as they slept peacefully.

Yahaba slept like a normal person, head against the headrest and arms crossed. Then, there was Watari who lay on Yahaba's lap with his legs crossed on his side of the seat, looking like he would roll off the seat any second. Now, that's a way to sleep in a vehicle, though it's not comfort guaranteed with the dangers of being violently awoken at someone's feet. 

And lastly, the first-year duo, Kindaichi and Kunimi who actually slept normally without any weird positions, contrast to their seniors except for Yahaba.

Being surrounded by sleeping people made you want to go back to sleep. Heck, even the coaches were asleep. So, back into slumber you went.

Morning quickly rolled by. The sun shone down as you fluttered your eyes open. 

You checked the time on your phone. It was eight o'clock which meant you had slept 3 hours since you first woke. Glancing around, you saw some of the boys were already awake and some were eating.

"Good morning," Iwaizumi greeted you from across your seat. "Have some breakfast. We still have a long way to go."

"It's okay, thank you." You politely declined the onigiri Iwaizumi offered. "I already had breakfast back at home."

Iwaizumi looked at you for a moment but went back to eating with Oikawa who was still asleep leaning on his arm. He scowled as Oikawa shifted into a comfortable spot on his arm. Clearly, he did not enjoy it as much as Oikawa who was snuggling up his toned arm.

Behind you, Watari and Yahaba were chatting with food stuffed in their mouths. And the rest were still sleeping peacefully, quietly snoring away the loud chatter.

Out the window, the view along the road passed by in a blur of colours. Fields of green outstretched into the far distance. Further away into the scenery, a mountain loomed. Along the way, houses stood and occasionally there were local people walking by the pavement.

You smiled and continued to observe the surroundings. The countryside put your mind at ease with the beautiful scenery and calm neighborhood.

After a long 7-8 hours drive, you finally reached your destination for the day, Tokyo.

The tall buildings residing in Tokyo never ceased to amaze you. Sure, you have been to Tokyo several times before but the city would always look amazing to you.

"Oh, hey! It's the Tokyo Tower!" Makki exclaimed, pointing to the white and red colored tower in the distance. Everyone was in awe of the sight. It's not every day that you got to see such a structure, especially not in the mountainous area of Miyagi.

"All right boys," Coach Mizoguchi clapped, gathering the attention of the volleyball players. "Just put all your stuff away and you're free to do whatever you want."

"Done! Can we go sightseeing, coach?" Oikawa clasped his hands together, mustering the best smile he could to convince his coach. 

Coach Mizoguchi pinched the bridge of his nose and waved his hand in a shoo-ing manner. "Whatever, just be careful."

Hanamaki gave Oikawa a high-five. And with that, the boys went out to explore the large city. They dragged you along, saying that you need to relax and have some fun instead of taking care of the team most of the time.

"Hey, isn't that your cousin?"

"Oh, I didn't know L/N-san would be here."

"I didn't know Y/N'd be here either."

"Wait, why am I the only one who didn't know you have a cousin?!"

╭───────────.♡..─╮

[ CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR ]

COMPLETED!

╰─..♡.───────────╯

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵ ⚘݄*₊˚

⎯⎯ ୨ author's note ୧ ⎯⎯

whewww i seriously dont know
where this 
story is going anymore
at this point :||

but the ending is nearing, i think?