Closet (Sam Wilson)

Requested from Tumblr: what about something for sam wilson? maybe the crew trying to get them to realize that their crushes are actually requited and finally the reader and sam figure it out

Summary: After Sam and Y/N have spent their entire friendship silently crushing on each other, Natasha, Bucky, and Steve decide they're fed up of watching their friends obliviously dancing around each other. So, they decide to force Sam and Y/N to confront their feelings for each other. Whatever it takes.

****************

"Natasha. You are making me nervous."

The Black Widow shot me a small smirk over her shoulder and it did not make me feel better.

"What's the matter, Y/N? Don't you trust me?"

"Nat, you know I hate it when you use the Widow voice on me-"

She stopped walking, the act immediately dropping as she turned to me with a roll of her eyes.

"Relax, Y/N. What do you think, I'm leading you into a death trap?"

"Well, I don't know, Nat. The last time I followed you somewhere when you had that look on your face, I ended up almost dying in the process of stealing a power boat with you."

She grinned. "Oh come on. You can't tell me you didn't have fun."

I huffed. "That's not the point."

That was all the encouragement Nat needed. She looped her arm through mine and continued walking through the halls of Stark Tower, leading me who-knew-where.

I fell back on all my SHIELD training as I scanned every inch of our surroundings. Nothing seemed out of place, or dangerous or suspicious, which only made me more nervous.

Finally, we rounded a corner, and I could see Bucky and Steve chatting up ahead. They looked perfectly casual, and didn't even glance at us as Nat and I walked into the hallway, which is how I knew they were up to something.

"Hey, you two wanna stop pretending you're in this hallway by coincidence?" I called out to them as we approached. Steve and Bucky turned to me, feigning surprise to various degrees of success.

"What are you talking about, Y/N?" asked Bucky. Like Nat, he was a smooth liar, but I'd been around this group long enough to know when they were up to something.

"I'm talking about why Nat brought me here under suspicious circumstances, just to find the two of you lurking around in this hallway. Speaking of which, where's Sam? Isn't he usually part of these schemes?"

"Actually, you're right," said Steve, shifting off the wall as Nat and I finally came to a stop near them. I remained alert, waiting for the other shoe to drop (probably in the form of Sam sneaking up on me) as Steve continued. "Sam is a part of this. A big part of this."

"Okay...? And?"

"And we've all decided it's time for an intervention," said Bucky. I turned to give him a curious scowl, and in that split second of distraction, Steve and Nat took their chance.

Nat yanked open the closet door next to me, and Steve shoved me as hard as he could with his super strength, straight through the open door. If he weren't a supersoldier, I would've been able to catch myself on the door jamb. Unfortunately for me, the force of Steve's push gave me a little too much momentum.

"Hey!" I yelled as I crashed into something in the closet. I whirled around, but only in time to see the door slam. I tried the doorknob, but it didn't work. "I'm going to kill the three of you as soon as I get out of here, you fu-"