Carnation (PeggySous)

Summary: Peggy and Daniel finally get to go on a family vacation with their kids, away from all the danger and craziness of the SSR. They don't even make it one full day without an unexpected surprise. Peggysous week day six! Only one more to go after this!

White/Pink Carnation Meaning: pure love, a mother's love

****************

"Are you two excited?"

"YES!!!!!"

Peggy smiled fondly at her energetic kids, who were practically bouncing off the walls with excitement about their family vacation to Hawaii. She and Daniel decided they needed some time away from work and all the responsibilities of the SSR, and especially all the danger that came with it. What better break than a family trip to Hawaii?

Daniel and Peggy had two little ones, a girl and a boy. Michael, the oldest, was ten, and Charlotte was seven. They had almost boundless energy, and both of their parents were secretly hoping Hawaii might offer some magic that could actually tire out both their kids at the same time.

"Alright, then let's put the finishing touching on packing so we'll be all ready to go when Dad gets home," Peggy said, trying to corral the kids into helping her put the finishing touches on their items in the suitcase. Peggy had gone into work early while Daniel took the kids to school so that she could finish in time to pick the kids up and get everyone packed. It wasn't easy, balancing jobs as government agents with being full-time parents to two young children, but they made it work pretty well.

Michael and Charlotte continued to bounce around the house, helping their mother occasionally but mostly just filling the air with excitement. Finally, the packing was finished and Daniel was home. It was time to board a plane to Maui.

As Peggy checked their bags and walked hand in hand with Charlotte and Michael, she could feel years of stress and several months of active cases melting away. She turned to smile at her husband, and she could tell he felt the same way. They were walking through an airport on their way to a tropical paradise, all the while tied together with the three people who mattered most in the world.

It was rare that the Carter-Sousa family got to take a true vacation, so they'd decided to go all out on this trip, including first class plane tickets. Michael and Charlotte eagerly chose the window seats, leaving Peggy and Daniel on the aisles to pass food and coloring books for the kids between them. It was going to be a long flight, and they were hoping to keep Michael and Charlotte as entertained as they could.

The flight attendants helped too, making sure to swing by and check on the adorable family in first class. They brought the kids plenty of juice and often stayed to talk to them for a little bit before rushing off again.

Finally, the plane touched down in Hawaii. The kids were bouncing up and down in their seats, excited to be the first ones off the plane. Their parents and the other passengers indulged them, smiling as Charlotte and Michael led the way out the door and into the unfamiliar airport.

Their vacation had officially begun.

The humidity hit the family like a truck with the warm Hawaiian breeze as soon as they were off the plane, but it felt good. Peggy and Daniel had decided to rent a convertible, which wasn't exactly the most practical car luggage-wise, but damn was it fun with the kids waving their hands around in the backseat, identical grins stretched across their faces.

They checked into the hotel before noon, dropped all their bags, changed into swimsuits, and immediately headed to the beach.

"Mommy! Let's go find a turtle!" Michael yelled, grabbing his mom's hand and charging into the ocean as fast as his little legs would carry him. Peggy did her best to keep up, shooting one last glance over her shoulder at Daniel (staying back with Charlotte, their more reserved child) before storming into the waves of the Pacific.