Fake It 'Till You Make It (Clint Barton)

Request: I was thinking about a Clint x Tony's younger sister reader. She is a skilled kunochi (a skilled ninja) and uses the twin katanas (sword blades). She's a lot like her brother...apart from being flirty (she can be Way better but she doesn't.) So Clint and her share a Flirty relationship to make natasha "Jealous". They claim to be "friends" (her and clint" But she soon starts to catch feelings for him. So when he flirts with her again to make Nat jealous, she drops the acts and tells him she can't do it anymore without giving him an explanation. Soon, from friends they turn to rivals trying to over shine one another Once they get assigned for a mission together, they get half the info required before they both begin verbally arguing. They both get shot by the enemy and they flee with the info they have. Back in HQ, when asked abt it, they blame one another arguing again. They get cancelled out for the next two missions or so. Then, Tony and Sam (separately) try cheering her up.. Then, she ignores Clint and blah blah....One day, Clint (in disguise) drags her into a room demanding for why did she hate him...They went on arguing until she accidentally confesses her feelings. She and Him freezes, and soon she begins rambling trying to cover up...He cuts her off and assures he feels the same. and the flirting meant something to him

Summary: The reader is Tony Stark's sister, and the usual mission partner of Clint Barton. She and Clint have a flirty relationship, and on missions they're usually all over each other. Of course, it's all in the name of making Natasha Romanoff jealous. No other reason besides that, at least for Clint. Finally, the reader gets tired of it. She has real feelings for Clint, and she can't take the one-sided faking anymore. So she doesn't.

****************

What a gorgeous mansion, I thought to myself as the car rolled to a stop. It wasn't quite as scenic as my brother's Malibu house, but it was still pretty stunning.

My car door opened and Clint Barton extended a hand to help me out. I gladly took it.

"You ready?" he asked, putting my hand in the crook of his arm before starting towards the beautiful house.

"Always am."

Clint and I were one of several S.H.I.E.L.D. teams here tonight, tasked with finding and arresting a Hydra operative in attendance. Whoever he was, he chose this beautiful masquerade ball for the location of his secret meeting with a scientist we had recently turned to our side.

I'd have to thank him once we had him in custody. There were certainly worse places to spend the night than dancing in a gorgeous red dress with a handsome partner to flirt with all night. Clint looked amazing in his suit, which was absolutely no surprise.

He always looked amazing.

We walked up the steps arm and arm, and as we entered the house I started scanning for anything that might be of interest. While I didn't find any Hydra operatives, I did find something almost as interesting: Natasha Romanoff.

"Here, Clint, lemme fix your tie." I stopped Clint and stepped close to him, slowly moving my hand up and down his tie to get it just right. Then I leaned in until my lips were right next to his ear and whispered, "Natasha's watching."

I pulled back to see an understanding grin on Clint's face. He slung one arm around my waist, letting it rest way lower than necessary, and we walked confidently into the ballroom together.

See, this had all started a long time ago. Clint had been flirting with me, and I thought it was because he really liked me until I saw Natasha staring at us from the other side of the room. I quickly caught up, realizing Clint was flirting with me to get to her. We'd kept it going ever since.

I couldn't say I minded; the handsome assassin was definitely my type. I just wished it was something real, instead of a way to mess with Natasha's head.