Closure (Daisy Johnson)

Requested by aosfanficcc

Request: Do you do requests? If yes I have one, if not pls ignore this. So Daisy and Y/N are like a power couple and Grant is dating Kara, all four of them get sent on a mission and Grant gets jealous that Y/N and Daisy are in love so he kidnaps and tortures Y/N.

Summary: Daisy and reader found each other after Hydra rose and SHIELD fell, and have quickly become one of SHIELD's strongest power couples. Neither of them are happy when a mission forces them to work with Ward and Kara, but things get even worse when they realize Ward's trying to get "closure". Daisy and reader might get some closure of their own, if they can survive the original traitor coming back into their lives.

A/N: Just a heads up, there's not torture in this. I'm not cut out to write that kind of stuff. Torture is alluded to though, and although it's not a fic with any graphic descriptions of violence, there is more violence than in a lot of my works, so just be aware of that when you're reading. Also, thanks for requesting this! It was a ton of fun to write!! 😄

****************

"What the hell are they doing here?" I demanded as Daisy and I walked into the the room with the rest of our team. Grant Ward and his newest evil sidekick, a former SHIELD agent named Kara, were standing with everyone else, and my temper flared as soon as I saw them. I took a protective step forward to stand between them and Daisy, my girlfriend, as I glared at Ward.

"They're here because we need them," said Coulson simply. "None of us are happy about it, but if we want to find and take out some of our bigger threats, we don't have a choice."

I snarled at Ward, but I stayed silent. I knew it wouldn't do any good to argue with Coulson, as much as I wanted to.

"If there are no other problems?" Coulson phased the question calmly, but I could tell it was directed at me. I didn't answer, but I did finally stop staring at Ward. I turned to face our team leader, still standing between Daisy and the Hydra agents on our plane. "Good. Then I'll explain everyone's roles and we can get started. The sooner we get going on this mission, the sooner we get it over with."

Coulson walked us all through our different parts, and I almost lost it when he told us Daisy and I would be going with Ward and Kara. Ward gave me an infuriating look when Coulson said that, and as soon as Coulson was done explaining the op, I stormed out of the room and back to the quarters I shared with Daisy.

"I can't believe we have to work with them," I said, shaking my head as I drug my mission gear out from under the bed.

"Me neither," said Daisy, sitting down on the bed to watch me. "I was honestly hoping we'd never have to see them again, unless it was to lock Ward up forever."

"I'm so sorry you have to deal with him again," I said, sitting down next to her on the bed. I wasn't around when Ward had been on the team (before Hydra had revealed themselves), but I knew he and Daisy had a history, and that it wasn't a good one.

"It's alright," she said with a heavy sigh. "If everything goes to plan, I'll never have to worry about him again after this."

I nodded, then stood back up to change into my mission gear. We got ready in silence, sitting back down on the bed together to lace up our boots. Once we'd finished, there was nothing left to do but go out to the Quinjet and start our mission with Ward and Kara.

Neither of us moved right away. I was absolutely dreading this mission, and I knew Daisy must be feeling the same way. I took a deep breath and tried to relax. I needed to be strong for her.