Bake Sale (Tom!Peter Parker)

Summary: Reader is in charge of making all kinds of cookies, brownies, and cupcakes for her school's academic decathlon fundraiser. She was supposed to have help from her friend, Amie, but when Amie doesn't show up she decides it's time to call and get some answers. Instead of Amie, she gets a wrong number: Peter Parker. And lucky for her, he's more than willing to help her bake a few hundred cookies.

****************

Amie was late. She was supposed to be here half an hour ago to help me make about a million cookies, cupcakes, and brownies for our high school's bake sale, but here I was in my kitchen with ingredients galore and no one to help.

I decided to call her.

I whipped out my phone and aggressively punched at the buttons, dialing her number from memory. When she picked up, I didn't give her the chance to so much as say hello before I laid into her.

"Where the hell are you?" I demanded. "I have fifty boxes of cake mix and we need to start baking ASAP."

There was silence on the other end for a minute, and then a male voice that definitely wasn't my friend Amie started speaking.

"Uh... I think you have the wrong number, but I'd be happy to help anyway! It sounds like fun!"

I paused, considering my options. The person on the other end of the phone sounded nice, but they were still a complete stranger. I'd have to be totally stupid to take them up on their offer to help, right?

Then I looked at the mountain of baking supplies in front of me and decided I didn't care.

I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose. "Okay, normally I wouldn't do this, but the friend that was supposed to help totally bailed on me so... if you're serious, I'd love to have an extra set of hands."

"Sure thing! Just let me know where to go and I can be right over!"

"Great, I'll give you my address. I'm Y/N, by the way."

"Nice to meet you, Y/N! I'm Peter, Peter Parker."

****************

Less than an hour later, I heard a knock on my door. Some part of me was still expecting it to be Amie, finally here although extremely late, but it wasn't. Instead, I opened the door to see Peter Parker standing on my doorstep with a grin on his face. I was pleasantly surprised to see that he was not only about my age, but also really good looking.

"Hi! Uh, Y/N, right?" he asked, shuffling a little from foot to foot.

"That's me," I said with a smile. "Come on in! I got started already, but I'm only about one batch of cookies in, so there's plenty more to go."

"Great! I brought over my Aunt May's cupcake recipe in case you wanted to use it. I swear, she makes the best cupcakes in the world."

"Oh my gosh, that's great! Thank you! Wow, you're not even here five minutes and you're already a better baking partner than Amie," I joked. We got to the kitchen, and Peter stopped short at the smell of chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven.

"Wow... those smell amazing!"

"Thank you! I'm a pretty good cookie chef, if I do say so myself." I grabbed an oven mitt and headed to the oven as I talked; the first batch was ready to come out. "Let me just pull these out and get the next batch in and then we can start by trying your Aunt's recipe!"

I took the cookies out, and they smelled even better than they did inside the oven. Peter and I both took a deep breath, and laughed when we caught the other person doing the same.