Sandy and Charlie (Daniel Sousa)

Written for Agent Carter Bingo on Tumblr! Run by @agentcarterbingo and running through the end of the year, go check it out!

Square Filled: Movie

Summary: Y/N is starring in her first big picture, a Western produced by Howard Stark. When the actor playing her love interest no-shows, however, they're going to have to get creative in finding a person to fill the role so the movie can be finished. Fortunately for them, the SSR needs Howard's help on a case, and are willing to make some deals to get it.

****************

"What do you mean he's not here? Where the hell is he?"

I sighed as Howard Stark, eccentric inventor and new movie producer, walked around the set with his hands in the air. I'd gotten the starring role in his first attempt at making a picture, and the guy who was supposed to be playing my love interest had just no-showed. We only needed him for a few scenes, and he was scheduled to shoot them all today, but he hadn't even been able to get himself here for that.

"If I had to take a guess," I said, calling out to answer Howard's question, "I'd say he's probably still passed out in a bar somewhere."

Howard frowned. "I thought he was supposed to be good."

I just shrugged. "I've worked with him before. I've never understood what all the hype was about."

"Huh. Well damn, we're gonna have to-"

Howard trailed off, his eyes fixing on something behind me. I turned to see three people looking incredibly out of place, standing in the middle of the set. The only woman in the group smiled and gave Howard a wave, neither of her companions looking exactly thrilled to be here.

"Hello Howard," she called in a British accent. "We need to talk."

"Peggy, you could not have come at a better time," said Howard. He crossed the set and breezed up to the trio, quickly sizing up the two men I didn't recognize. "Jarvis, Agent Sousa... which one of you is the better actor?"

****************

After a very confusing few minutes of trying to figure out who was here for what, I finally understood (mostly) what was going on. Agents Peggy Carter and Daniel Sousa worked for the LA SSR and had come to get help on a case from Howard, along with Howard's butler Edwin Jarvis. Apparently there was some pressing, insane case happening, and they needed an equally insane scientific mind to get somewhere with it.

Howard, for his part, immediately agreed to help. But with strings attached.

"Stark, I'm not acting in your damn movie!" shouted Daniel Sousa as Howard tried for a third time to get the agent to agree to his terms.

"Fine. Then I'm not helping you with your case."

"Howard, be reasonable!" cried Peggy. I sat back a little further in my seat as the sparring match continued. If only I had popcorn. "You can film the final scenes for your movie another time, this case is time sensitive!"

"Peggy, do you have any idea how much all this is costing me by the day? Here's how I see it: I had an actor no-show because he's drunk or hungover somewhere, and then you show up at my door with someone who could play the part instead. We take a few hours, get Sousa here in costume and give him his lines, film the shots, and then boom! I'm all yours."

Peggy huffed and put her hand to her forehead as she paced a few steps around the room. Sousa, on the other hand, looked like he might be about to give in, despite the nasty scowl he was giving Howard.

"You promise you'll drop everything else to come help us after this, Stark?" he said.

"I promise!" Howard said it like it was obvious, but I thought it was a fair question.