Chapter 7

Bella's POV

I was looking everywhere for my angel. The cafeteria was so large, and it was crowded. I almost bumped into everyone that I came across. A sense of dread filled me; it felt like something was wrong. 'Where are they?'

I spotted them! Four pale people surrounded them. Two of them were girls, and two of them were boys. 'Aren't they that really pale family everyone was talking about?'

I could only see the back of their head, but the pale blonde boy in front of them looked concerned about them as if he had done something. 'What did he do to my lover?'

I sped up my pace, marching over to them and gritting my teeth. The small group closed in on them; the bigger boy even dared to hug them. 'That was enough!'

Once he let go of them at their request, I stepped into the circle. I placed a hand on their shoulder and went to look at their beautiful face. However, their face was covered by their hands, and I could hear muffled sniffles and sobs.

Their hands slowly went down only to reveal their teary eyes. 'Poor baby!' Their eyes were red and puffy; the little I could see of their face was blotchy.

"What happened? Are you okay?" I cupped their face, moving the pieces of hair that were in their face.

"I d-don't know...I felt fine...earlier. But now I...can't stop crying. I don't...feel sad." They struggled to tell me without their voice cracking.

"What? You don't feel sad, but you're crying." I questioned them. Confusion was clearly written on my face.

"Yeah, I feel...great." They dropped their hands, and a small smile was etched on their face. "I guess...I needed a good...cry."

The small group around us smiled and seemed relieved, especially the pale blonde boy. I found it suspicious.

"Did you do something to them?" I glared at him.

"What?...no...no." He hesitated.

I squinted at him, but my attention was quickly diverted to someone else.

The light-brown harried girl of the group spun them around to face them. "Here, let me clean up your face." She took tissues out of her bag and started to wipe their tears and snot away.  When she finished, they turned back around to me.

"Hey, do you want to sit with me (Y/N)?" I asked, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Actually, we have invited them to our table, and there is only room for six at the table. They are the sixth." Alice interrupted our brief one-sided conversation.

"Do you want to go with them?" I insisted, causing the small group to scowl behind them.

"Yeah, I already agreed to go with them. I'm sorry, Bella." They dropped their head and fiddled with their fingers. They seemed to be expecting some backlash.

"It's alright, tomorrow?" I decided to be the bigger person out of them. 'Why are they being so possessive of them? They only knew them for a few hours!'

"Sure thing! That would be fun!" They cheered. They quickly perked up again like a blooming flower, just as pretty as one too.