Chapter 12

Jacob's POV

Jacob
Good Morning! I just wanted to say good morning because it's been a while since we last talked.

❤(Y/N)❤
Good Morning! How are you today?

A smile crept onto my face when they responded. I looked at them from my phone; they sat on their bed, staring at their phone and playing with their hair. They looked relaxed, so I switched to my camera and snapped a picture.

Jacob
I have been doing well. How about you? Are you excited about this weekend?

❤(Y/N)❤
I have to say that the last couple of days has been a bit rough. I'm excited about this weekend! We probably should hang out more beforehand, though.

My previous smile grew more prominent at the thought of being close to them. A wall won't separate us then.

Jacob
Alright, what should we do then? Go to a park? There's a beach. We could see a movie.

❤(Y/N)❤
We could go to a diner together, and then to a movie. It depends on what's airing. Do you want to do that?

Jacob
That sounds great! When do you want to do this? I'm free anytime.

❤(Y/N)❤
How about tonight?

Jacob
Alright, text me when you will be ready later today, and I'll come to pick you up.

❤(Y/N)❤
I'll do that.

I looked at them; they were smiling and covering it up with their hand, but something was off. Their hand was wrapped with bandages. 'What happened to their hand?' My blooming happiness changed to anger.

'Who hurt my mate?' My blood boiled, and my hands were clenched in fists.

Jacob
When you said the last couple of days has been rough, what do you mean?

❤(Y/N)❤
I had sprained my wrist and twisted my ankle. I will be fine; it will heal in a few weeks.

Jacob
Does it hurt right now? Are you going to go to school? I don't think you should be going.

❤(Y/N)❤
I can go to school just fine. I just need to not exert myself too much. You are not the only one saying I should stay home; my guardian says so too.

Jacob
Maybe, they are right. You can get even more hurt than you already are.

❤(Y/N)❤
I know it's just that it would be really boring if I stayed at home all day. I have read all the books I have multiple times.

Jacob
We can hang out together. I have the day off because of a holiday.

I hesitated slightly when I texted that lie. What if they find out the truth? What would I say then?

❤(Y/N)❤
I'll think about it. For now, I have (G/N) insisting in me staying in bed. I'll tell you in an hour since school starts in two.

I sighed in relief; they did not question it. They might actually consider hanging out with me. If I hang out with them long enough, they might want to be my lover.

I want to be the type of couple that is always together, holding hands when we walk. If we were sitting, we would be cuddling.

Then we can get married and live in a cabin together.The cabin would be deep in the forest so that no one would find us. They would look so beautiful/handsome at our wedding.

Jacob
Alright, I'll leave you to do your own thing. I'll see you later tonight. Bye.

❤(Y/N)❤
Bye! I'll see you soon.

My heart was pounding so fast. I rushed back home so that I could convince my father that it was okay that I skipped school. That is if they did decide to skip school today for the sake of their injury.

I had to be thankful that they did not see me. They were facing the window; they could have seen me, but they were too engrossed with their phone.

Bella's POV

It was currently seven in the morning; I had an hour to get ready. Before I started, I snuck a glimpse out of the window.

They were sitting in bed, their foot propped up on a couple of pillows. I wanted to be by their side, nursing them back to health.

Bella
Good Morning! How are you doing?

💗Spouse💗
Morning! I'm doing okay. My wrist and ankle are a little sore, you?

Bella
I'm doing well. I'm sorry about that.

💗Spouse💗
You don't need to apologize. It is my fault that I injured myself.

Bella
You injured yourself to protect me. Are you going to stay home?

💗Spouse💗
I'm thinking about it. I'm sorry if I waste your time.

Bella
No, you're not wasting my time. It's okay; you did get hurt. Are you going to be okay?

'

Please, ask me to come over. Please, ask me to come over.'

💗Spouse💗
Besides being bored and the pain in my wrist and ankle, I'll be fine.

Bella
I can come over if you want. My dad insisted that I stayed home today. We can be bored together.

My lip is caught between my teeth. 'How will I convince my dad that I can ditch?' My attention was drawn back to my phone when it buzzed and vibrated in my hand.

💗Spouse💗
It is nice of you to suggest that. Jacob has given me the same offer. Maybe, we can all hang out together. What do you say?

I gritted my teeth, and my grip on my phone tightened considerably. I forgot about that stupid scrap yard boy.

Bella
That would be nice; it has been a while since I last talked to him, more than five minutes.

I looked toward them in the window. They had a smile creeping onto their face. 'Do they really want to hang out with me?' Joy filled me with its sweet warmth.

💗Spouse💗
Great! I will ask (G/N) if you guys can come over.

I watched as they slowly ascended from their bed and quickly limped out of their room. I have to get ready myself. I can't go over there in the clothes I wore yesterday!
_____________________________________
1037 Words

Please comment if you liked it or if I need to fix anything.

I'm sorry for the slow updates; I feel like I don't have a firm enough grasp of their personalities. PLEASE, let me know if I should do anything differently!