Chapter 14

Jacob's POV

The bookstore felt like a narrow maze quickly. I felt uncomfortable with the bit of space; I had to roam in the labyrinth of books. Specific rows were deserted for a long time; cobwebs finding my face as I passed, trapping themselves in my long black hair.

Now and then, I would see them. Whether it was a glimpse of their hand or their foot, when I jogged over, they were out of my sight again. It feels like I'm going insane.

Fifteen minutes felt like hours as I searched for them, then I finally found them! They were sitting on their knees, examing a book from the lower shelf. Their hands delicately brushed across the cover, a smile gracing their face.

They looked so calm; it warmed my heart to see them so relaxed. They were so tense before we arrived, and now they seemed to be where they belonged. Their movements are now so fluid; before, they were extremely stiff.

I inched my way to their side, squatting next to them.  "Would sitting like that hurt your ankle? You are applying most of your weight on it." They yelped at my sudden presence, placing a hand on their chest.

"You scared me!" They playfully swatted my shoulder. I chuckled at their response.

"Seriously, though, doesn't that hurt?" I pointed at their feet under their butt.

"Oh, right." They shifted their position so that their ankle was out from underneath them. "Surprisingly, that did not hurt until I removed my foot from under me." They scrunched up their face and looked back to their book.

I crisscrossed my legs on the floor and peered over to look at the book. "What's the book supposed to be about?" My gaze combed the cover. It had a red dragon resting in a cave and a princess with a sword in front of it. The title read the Princess' Protection.

"It's about this princess." They paused to recheck the back. "Princess Cordelia. She wanted to show her devotion to her kingdom, so she fought the dragon that frequently attacked the kingdom." They look over at me, giving a slight shrug.

"It sounds interesting. Do you plan on buying the book?" I took the book from their hands. I fully planned to carry all of the books that they wanted.

"Yeah, it is my kind of thing." They took the book from me and placed it on a higher shelf so they could get up.

"Well, tell me how it goes." I smiled at them, getting up myself.

"Then read it with me. I'm not going to spoil the book for you." They grabbed a second copy of the shelf and handed it to me.

"Very well then, do you need assistance getting up, my fair lord/lady?" I jokingly extended my hand to grab. I smiled when I saw theirs; my words amused them.

(Y/N)'s POV

"It is much appreciated." I placed my hands on the ground pushing myself upward. "However, I must do this quest on my own." I fully stood up, grunting from the pressure applied to my wrist. "It was rather noble of you, Sir Jacob. I believe we should be heading onward." I grabbed their book from its place.

"We must find our other fellow, Bella of Forks!" Afterward, we need to pay and move on to our next activity!" I looped my arm around his and started the search.

"Bella!" I shouted; it was a risk considering we were supposed to be quiet.  'Please, let her hear me.'

We all were sitting in the red Volkswagen once again. "What should we do now, (Y/N)?" Jacob thrummed his fingers on the wheel. It was currently eleven in the morning. All of you had plenty of time to kill.

"I'm not sure; what would you two like to do?" I searched both of them for a reaction.

After it was all decided, the trio went to a diner and chatted for three hours, discussing each other's lives. It was fun to learn about them, but they seemed more interested in me.

When that was done, all of you went to see a movie or two. In total, it took four hours to watch the two. Bella and Jacob insisted on me sitting between them. The last film was a 'scary' one, so Bella had the perfect excuse to cuddle up to me. Her nails left crescents in my arm.

The final event of the night before you all went to hang out at your house was to go to the store. I was the one that wanted to go here. The jewelry was intriguing, not too expensive, but not easy to break either.

"Hey, Bella! I think this would look pretty on you." I called, turning to her. It was a necklace with a gold chain and ruby at the center. Seeing as it was not that expensive, it has to be a fake ruby, especially at that size.

Of course, the realness of the red jewel on it did not matter. It was the fact that it was beautiful.

She stepped over to me. "Yes, (Y/N)." I pointed to the necklace in question; it was 45 dollars. If I had to be honest, I think it would be at least in the thousands if the jewel were real.

"Doesn't it look beautiful? I want to buy and gift it to you, what do you say?"  My finger continued to rest on the glass case, looking at her.

I felt giddy on my way back to my house with them. I found something for both of them. Bella got that 'Ruby' necklace, and I got Jacob a 'garnet' ring. In total, it only costs 55 dollars.

Both of them insisted on getting something too. Bella gave me a 'ruby' ring, and Jacob gave me a matching 'garnet' ring. I thought both gestures were sweet, and I thanked them profusely.

The last activity for the day was to hang out at my house. I wasn't comfortable taking them to my room yet, so we hung out in the living room until late into the night for a school night, at least.

_______________________________________
1038 Words

Please comment if you liked it or if I need to fix anything.