Chapter 15

Bella's POV

"Good night, (Y/N)!" I was returning home from their house after our big day out. They followed me out onto their porch, giving me a nod in response to my goodbye.

I shucked their small response to their tiredness; they looked like it. Their shoulders were slightly slumped, and their movements were sluggish.

I didn't want to bother much further, so I left after one last statement. "Get good rest, and prop your foot." I patted their shudder as another nod was their response.

It was nice to be by their side for a whole day. I clutched my bag of goodies close to my chest, crossing their yard to mine.

The cold night air was my only company besides (Y/N)'s watchful stare. Every time I glanced over my shoulder, I saw them; they stood at the corner of their porch closet to my house. They had their arms crossed, and they watched my every move. Even though they had an injured wrist and ankle, they looked ready to protect me from anything that tried to attack me.

The only moment that they looked away was to wave Jacob goodbye. Once he stepped off their porch, their (E/C) eyes were back on me. I couldn't stop the smile that crept onto my face.

'They're paying more attention to me than Jacob!' It was a struggle to contain my happiness.

To fulfill my wish of not interrupting their much-needed sleep, I sped up my pace. I found my hand on my doorknob before I knew it. "Good Night!" A loud voice yelled; whipping my head around, I spot (Y/N).

They were still standing on their porch's corner. The dim porch light only illuminated parts of their face. Their eyebrows looked furrowed if I could guess.

"Good night!" I shouted back, opening my door, and entering my home. I quickly and quietly shut the door behind me. My father could not know about my day with (Y/N); he would be furious.

"So you used our poor neighbor's injury as an excuse to play hooky." I heard my dad's voice first; then, I saw his black outline in the darkness.

"No, I didn't. I told you I still didn't feel good after passing out yesterday." I entered the house further than being pressed against the front door.

"You seem better now. Do you know how embarrassing it is to talk so proudly about your daughter, only for her to skip class two days later?" He turned the light switch on as he journeyed closer to me with quiet steps. "After I got off work, I waited for you to get home. And you didn't get back until eleven o'clock." He continued to lecture me.

I was frozen in my spot and had no idea what to say. He rubbed the bridge of his nose. "You know, what? Go upstairs and sleep. We will talk more about this after school. And no more hooky." He ended sternly, pointing to the stairs.

(Y/N)'s POV

I entered my home once more for the night, stretching and yawning once the door closed. (G/N) stood for their spot on the couch with a big grin. They briskly stepped toward me, jabbing their fingers in my side. "Who said that they won't make a friend?"

I pushed their hands away from me with fake annoyance. I couldn't be mad at them; I did have to admit that I had a fun day, despite Bella and Jacob's weirdness.

"I did, and I realized that I was wrong. Now, could I please head upstairs? I need to rest for school tomorrow." I slowly inched to the stairs, my hand resting on the banister.

"Sure!" Before they could change their mind, I raced upstairs to my room. My ankle gave some protest to my hurry, but I ignored it in favor of sleeping.

Once my head hit my pillow, I promptly fell asleep in my soft cushiony bed. I didn't take in any of the changes in my room before my deep slumber.

For example, the open window making my curtains softly dance as cold air passes them. The shadow person is standing near it. I didn't even see the other one next to my closet. My eyes were zoned in on my bed, and it was all I was thinking about.

Edward's POV

I

had to hurry up on getting their phone number; I only have three more days. I could take their phone number from their phone while they sleep, but that would be cheating.

However, it wasn't like the others cared about rules either. Emmett stole an article of clothing, and we said we wouldn't take any of their clothes or anything from their house.

The rule was that we could only take things when it was out in the open, like dropped pencils or dried-out markers. Anything they threw away at school, dropped, or gifted us was far enough to take.

He wasn't the only one, though. Carlisle was playing personal doctor last night. While my darling was asleep, he changed and cleaned their wounds! What kind of gross pervert touches someone who was sleeping?

That is against the rules too. We can only give them affection while they are awake. I felt like that rule was common sense, but I guess it isn't for everybody.

Alice was currently caressing my lover's sleeping face. She brushed the hair from their face and continued with her previous actions. As she did this, she gushed about random details of your face to Jasper.

Alice was seated on the side of their bed. Jasper was standing next to her with his hands behind his back. He was bent by his waist to peer over them like his girlfriend. Both of their faces were mere inches away from theirs.

"They are perfect as always, but they now smell like that dog. Of all things, why did they have to pick the dog?" Alice blurted, barely holding in her wrath.

"I know, Alice. I don't understand their choice in friends either." His words visibly saddened himself. "We can always try to convince them to hang out with us tomorrow and this weekend." The emotion manipulator cheered up his future seer.

______________________________________
1051 Words

Please comment if you liked it or if I need to fix something.