Chapter 15: She Smiles A Lot

De Luca:

I got home after dropping the girl off and walking her to her door for safety measures. I began stripping down to a pair of sweatpants.

Once I was comfortable, I went back into the kitchen for a bottle of water.
My eyes caught the sandwich I remembered and went back for before being brought home. The sandwich the girl bought me.
She's weird.

I stared at it as I opened the water that came with it and began drinking.

I took it out of the fridge then placed it on my counter and unwrapped it.
It ain't look bad.
I grabbed it and took a bite.
Ain't taste bad either.
I'd left the chips on the counter because I don't know any asshole that like to eat cold chips. I grabbed them and opened then took one out.
Wasn't bad either.

She's stupid but she's caring.

Never been bought lunch before.
She's also soft.

She cries a lot.

Twice today.

That's too many times.

And she hugged me for some reason.
I get she was scared, but...ain't it weird to hug somebody you barely know?

I don't like when she's scared.
I wanted to kill that bastard.
She was fuckin' shaking.

She look like a bunny when she's scared. Shaky. Big, sad, eyes. Her lips quiver.
They're pretty.
Full.
Soft lookin'.
So is her ass.
And round.

Tits sit pretty.

She smiles a lot.
And...she's too nice.

She thinks everybody deserves her kindness. Like I said, she's stupid.

She said she understood she was lucky when she was around 11, but she still freaks out when unlucky shit happens to her.
The unlucky shit never succeeds 'cause she's too lucky. Why ain't she expect the gun to be jammed or for it to not have bullets? It's like she wanted to be scared.
Those tears seemed too real for her to have faked it.
She should've ignored him. She wouldn't have died.

I crumbled up the paper my sandwich came in once I finished then stuffed it back into its bag and sipped my water.

The phone began to ring and I picked it up.
"Busy?" asked Viviana's voice on the other line.
I thought about it.
"No," I replied.
"I'll be there in twenty." She hung up.

Did she tell me if she had a boyfriend? How's he gonna feel about me pickin' her up and droppin' her off everyday?
Not that I give a fuck. But if he gets pissed and takes it out on her, I gotta kill him. For business.

She's a necessity now.

I remembered that other asshole that signed up for the gig.
That prick with a man bun that kept callin' me 'dude'.
I chose her 'cause she seemed more responsible. Next day I saw her better and I wasn't upset by my decision. That body has probably changed lives.
And her face is just as nice.

I guess I can't call her stupid. She's pretty good at that math shit. She's just naïve.

Then I remembered when she asked me if her ASSISTANT job would require her to take her clothes off.

"Never mind. She's stupid." I said aloud.

I got up and threw my trash away then lit a cigarette.

I walked out of my kitchen to head back to my bedroom but stopped when I could see through my window that Viviana's car was pulling up. Five minutes sooner than she said it would.