Chapter 77: You Must Be Zoe

I stood pacing back and forth. It had almost been a complete day and he still wasn't back.

"Would you like a coffee, Zoe?" asked Mr. Gabriel.
He told me to just call him Gabriel since I'd been here but that felt weird.
"No, thank you." I said and stared out of the window.
"The more you worry won't make his return any quicker. I think you should sit and relax."
I knew he was right but Marco worries me and he's too violent and angry to go places that might make him more violent and angrier. Especially while he's injured.

I walked over to the kitchen.

"I find you funny, Zoe." Mr. Gabriel stated.
"Why?" I wondered.
"I never expected Marco to find anyone with a patience for his anger, impatience, discontentment, and violence. But he found you. A sweet girl with not even a speeding ticket of a crime to her name. And you haven't left him."
"Well, I left him once..."
"And you came back."
"Yea..."
"You're making my son softer. I don't know whether to thank you or tell you to knock it off." he said and found a seat at the table.
I snickered.

I could hear a car pulling into the driveway and I ran to the front door.

Once I opened it, I stared at the suv as it parked.
I waited for proof that it was who I hoped it was.

The driver's side door opened but I knew that wouldn't be him. Because he promised me that he wouldn't drive and Marco doesn't lie.

Mr. Gabriel came and stood next to me with his walking stick and cup of coffee.

The back door opened and I watched in excitement as Marco stepped out.
My feet couldn't carry me fast enough as I ran towards him.

Thinking about him going to visit a (high security) prison of all places made me sick. I was so worried.
I clasped my arms around his neck for a hug and heard him chuckle while he hugged me back with his good arm around my waist.
My head was kissed and so was my cheek soon enough.
"Never go anywhere like that again." I stated and held his face in my hands.
"Okay, bella." he replied.
I kissed his lips then hugged him again.

I finally let him go when I saw a woman come around the vehicle.

She's beautiful. She was still in prison clothes and her face was framed by her long grey hair.

"You must be Zoe." she stated.

She didn't look like a psychopath. She looks very nice.

"Yes..." I replied.
"It's nice to meet you, Zoe." She smiled at me. "I'm Rosa."

She's where he gets his smile.

The End