Chapter 35: Smile

He said I'd learn but he did most of the work.

The first round was over and all I did was sit on him and let him use me. It was the second and his hands held onto my waist as he bounced me up and down on top of him like before. I laid over his shoulder and was only good for moaning.
His hands found my ass and grabbed onto it as he pushed in deeper.
I moaned louder with my face buried into his neck.
"Fuuuuckk...Don't do that. I almost came in you." he grunted.
"Don't do what..." I struggled to say.
"Don't breathe on my neck."
Is that something I finally did right? If I can't ride him...I can at least help him finish faster...

I had one hand gently on the other side of his neck as my tongue licked up the area.
I heard him groan and his head fell back as he kept bouncing me onto him.
I smiled through my moans and continued. I pressed soft kisses onto it.
My hair was grabbed and I was pulled out of his neck. We just looked at each other before that same hand on the back of my head brought me to him and we kissed harder than ever. His tongue even mingled with mine which we'd never done before.
I failed when my moans decided to interrupt and fall on his lips instead.
I went back to his neck and sucked. We both moaned and he pulled out quickly as we finished together.

"I told you not to do that." he stated.
"I was handling the erection..." I said innocently.
"Don't try to sound innocent after what you did." he stated.
I giggled to myself through my fatigue and laid on his shoulder while I struggled at not falling asleep.
"Where are your keys?" he asked.
"In...In the door..." I said sleepily.
He leaned over and grunted a bit as he grabbed the keys out of the small compartment on the door.
"Don't hurt yourself..." I stated.
"Go to sleep." he instructed.
"Okay..." I replied.

I felt a gentle hand on the side of my face while I laid in his lap.
"Do you wanna sit in the front or back here?" he asked.
I quietly put my arms under my chest and just sat there with my head on his shoulder.
Everything else was a blur as I dozed off.

____________________________________

I woke up in my bed the next morning and turned to the side.
There he is.
Sleeping soundly.

I remembered how we were in the car the last time I was conscious.
I panicked and removed the blanket to check his wound since I knew he'd lifted me.

I raised the plain black t-shirt he was wearing over his abdomen.
He was okay. I could finally breathe.

I pulled his shirt back down and fixed his portion of the blanket before getting out.

I then walked to my bathroom and brushed my teeth. I figured today would be a good day to fix breakfast.

I spit into the sink and washed my face before heading to the kitchen.
Nikki stood there sipping coffee.
My heart raced. I'd completely forgotten to tell her that Mr. De-...Marco...would be staying here for a few days. Every time we were here, she was either asleep, at work, or with Charlie. The idea never came up.

She noticed me.

"Good morning." she smiled.
"Good morning." I replied shakily.
"Are you okay?" she asked.
"Mhm." I nodded.
She seemed like she didn't believe me.
I quickly and quietly rushed over to her.

She stared at me with wide eyes.

"Okay, I have something to tell you, but you have to promise you won't get angry."
"Okay." She sipped her coffee.
"My boss-..."
"Your boss is asleep in your room." she interrupted.
I stood there staring at her.
She sipped again. "I know."
"How?" I wondered and relaxed.
"I saw him bringing you inside yesterday. You were carried like a bride in his arms. It was a very sweet thing to watch."
It was?
"He told me you fell asleep in the car. You didn't have any bumps or bruises so I believed him. You squirmed a bit in his arms and held him tighter. It looked like he'd rescued you." she giggled and sipped again.
"Oh..." I smiled to myself.
"You like him, don't you?" she noticed.
I nodded. "But I know I shouldn't."
"Well, I won't tell you what you should or shouldn't do. I say if he makes you happy, then go for it."
I smiled.
"But if you ever get a warning sign. Listen to it."
"I will." I agreed.
"Okay." She rinsed out her mug. "I have to get ready for work. I'll see you this afternoon. Maybe, if you two aren't busy." she stated.
"Okay."
She walked back into her room.

I began thinking of what I wanted to make for breakfast.
I thought about cinnamon rolls but he doesn't look like the type to enjoy possibly messy foods.
So I chose omelettes instead.

I took out everything I'd need and began to get to work.

I could hear that Marco was up and had walked into my bathroom.
He woke up sooner than I hoped but I'd still finish making breakfast nonetheless.

After a few minutes he came out with a pen and was rewriting on his hand.
"What're you doing?" I asked.
"I showered last night and some of the ink came off. I'm rewritin' it."
I was waiting for the pan to heat up so I walked over to him as he sat down.

I took his hand and made his palm face me.

"There are 26 numbers here. If we put them in numerical order, maybe that's the letters." I offered.
"Maybe." he agreed. "What're you making?"
"Omelettes. You're not vegan are you?"
He stared at me and I immediately remembered all of the burgers and sandwiches that I'd bought him.
"Right." I responded.

We both sat there completely quiet.

I looked at the floor in the midst of the silence. Could I count this as one of the warning signs?

"Why do you keep doin' that?" I heard him ask.
I looked back up at him. "Doing what?" I wondered.
"You go quiet. And I know you don't want to but you do it anyway."
"I don't want to bother you."
"I told you that you don't."
"You did. But your expression says different."
"What expression?"
"That one. The one you've had since I've met you. The tired/angry/and annoyed expression. You always look like you're not in the mood. I try to not talk more than I need to."
He just stared at me.
"I'm sorry."
"Quit apologizin'." he told me again.

I didn't respond.

"I don't make you feel comfortable talkin' to me?" he wondered.
"It's not that. I would love to keep talking to you. I just never feel like you feel in the mood to listen. Maybe you're not comfortable talking to me. You say very few words as is."
He took a deep breath. "I am in the mood to listen."
I didn't respond and just walked off to the stove.

I heard shoes tapping.

Nikki was coming out of her room.

"So I guess that means no to the casino?" I asked her as she headed towards the door.
"Well you ruined the surprise." she stated. "Today's my last day before I start working at the casino." She smiled.
"Really?!"
"Yea, I start in two days. I had to give my current boss a two weeks notice before leaving."
"Oh my god that's perfect! I'm so excited!"
"Me too, but I gotta go. Be safe. If he hurts you I'll kill him. Bye. Love you."
"Love you too!" I replied as she left.

I looked at Marco.
"I like hearin' your voice." he stated.

Was he not phased by her threat to kill him?

"Do you?" I questioned.
"Mhm."
"I like hearing yours too, during the very rare times you speak."
He laughed softly.

I stared at it.

That's the first time I'd ever seen him laugh.

I ran up to him and held his face in my hands with a smile.

"You smiled." I pointed out.
He just stared at me.
"You smiled and it's beautiful! I don't think I've seen a more perfect set of teeth in my life."
He didn't reply.
"You have two deep dimples in your cheeks." I giggled at how cute they were. It was such a sweet feature for such a scary man.
I realized he hadn't said anything and I removed my hands in fear I'd made him uncomfortable.

"I'm sorry. You just have a really pretty smile and laugh." I stated.
He took my hands and put them back on his face. I smiled as I held it.

His...cheeks turned pink.