Chapter 64: Her Over Him

De Luca:

I drove 95mph on my way to Stefano's place.

I arrived and forced my car into park before getting out.

I kicked his door down and walked to his office while I dialed a number.

He wasn't in there so I walked around the house. I found him in his bedroom. Asleep. I punched him awake and he shot up, face first into the barrel of my gun while I listened to the phone ring against my ear.

"Where is she?" I asked again.

I'd gotten off of the phone earlier with Caio. He wanted me to give him all of the information Stefano gave me along with the books themselves for Lucky back. The only way he could know I was getting it from him is if Stefano himself told him.

He looked at the barrel of my gun.

Caio answered. "Hello?"
"Tell me where she is before I put a bullet between his eyes." I commanded.
"He doesn't have what I want so I don't care what you do to him. Kill the bastard."
"What was the deal?"
"With?"
"That you two made. What was it?"
"Oh...He's not very fond of your pretty assistant, I'm sure he's made that clear."
"And?" I asked as I stared at Stefano with my gun to his head. He was crying with his hands in the air to surrender.
"So long as I promised not to kill him, he would tell me everything he found out from Viviana about the lucky angel. He doesn't like the way you look at her. Thinks you're getting distracted from his daughter and that bothers him so so much. So, I have her here to keep you focused. Your good luck charm that you're so smitten with. And I want the books for her return. Call me when you've made a decision." He hung up.

I put the phone down and looked at Stefano.

"Please...whatever he told you was a lie! I didn't do anything! I wanted no part in this! I'd never-..." I shut him up when my fist met his jaw again and again and again. I forced my knuckles into his face until I could feel them aching and he stopped moving. He laid there, swollen on his pillow, and that's when I began emptying my rounds into his face. I pulled the trigger until I heard those clicks.

I brushed my hair out of my face with my fingers then walked out of his room.

As I went down his stairs, I saw his butler standing there at the end of the staircase.

"Find a new employer." I took his towel as I walked past and wiped down my knuckles.

I hope that bitch finds me too.

I took off the ring and threw it at his house before I got in the car and drove out of his driveway to find wherever they could have taken Lucky.

I'd make a stop first.

I pulled into his driveway and hopped out.

My fist banged against his door harshly as I waited for him to come down and answer it. He was the only one who might know where she is. I would've kicked his in too, but that's my uncle and...I don't want him kickin' my ass.

"Alright, alright! I'm comin'! Relax..." he said behind the door.

It finally opened.

"What's the matter with you? You got any idea what time it is and you're bangin' on my front door like a lunatic?"
"He took her." I stated.

I watched his eyes widen in realization. He opened the door wider and let me in.

I walked inside and went to his kitchen to head for the liquor cabinet.

"He took her then why are you here and not there?" Carmine asked me.

I threw the top to his whiskey and watched it shatter against his cabinets.